Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

What's Your Favorite Beer?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A What's Your Favorite Beer?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,488 total)
  • Author

WildmanDan

Bell’s Two Hearted IPA, or when it’s this cold, Bell’s Expedition Stout or Old Coast Barley Wine. Founders Breakfast Stout whenever I can find it.

hazy stars

*Dogfish Head 60 minute & 90 minute IPA

*Dogfish Head Raison D’Etra

*Dogfish Head Midas Touch

*Stone Ruination IPA

*Bell’s Two-Hearted

*Rogue Dead Guy

*Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar

*Rogue Shakespeare Stout

*Unibroue Trois Pistoles

*Tommyknocker Maple Nut Brown Ale

Gilded Otter Brewing Company (New Paltz, NY)

* Three Pines India Pale Ale (nice and hoppy with a hint of pine)

* Blueberry Belgium Wheat (brewed and served with real blueberries)

…and really anything Dogfish Head…

BreakfastwithNick
    BreakfastwithNick
    Participant

Yay, beer posts!

Here are some of my favorites:

Founder’s Kentucky Breakfast Stout

Stone Imperial Russian Stout

Hoppin’ Frog’s BORIS the Crusher

St. Bernardus Abt 12

Great Divide Hercules Double IPA

Weyerbacher’s Imperial Pumpkin Ale

Some local favorites include Barley’s Scotch Ale and Scottish Ale, and Elevator’s Winter Warmer and Vic’s Barleywine.

I had my bottle of Founder’s Kentucky Breakfast Stout on New Year’s – it was amazing!

milodesc

gpat
    Participant

Yuengling. Unfortunately, you can’t get it in Ohio.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

gpat wrote Yuengling. Unfortunately, you can’t get it in Ohio.

My dad occasionally has it at his bar in Parma Heights… that’s almost as much of a hike as PA, though :wink:

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Here are my current faves…thanks in part to some great recent recommendations…

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

holt
    Participant

My current new favorites… among others:

Bar Harbor Blueberry Ale…. It is on tap at the Mohawk.. I wonder if anywhere else in town?

Double Chocolate Stout @ Tip Top. Makes me feel warm just thinking about it.

kitsune27

favorite that you can’t get in ohio: fat tire

favorite that you can get in ohio: southern tier brewing: phin & matt’s extraordinary ale (brewed mere miles from the house i grew up in!)

for everyday enjoyment: bass on tap

beer i’m most excited about being in columbus: straub [/url] on tap at tip top[/url]! yay for no preservatives!

gramarye
    Participant

Mmmm, Yuengling, another good one. I like both their classic lager and their Black & Tan. Used to almost always have at least one bottle of one or the other in my fridge at UVA, but I’d practically forgotten about it after coming back to OH because it’s not in stores or bars around here.

Also, one I forgot to mention that isn’t really a beer, but I like when I’m in the mood for something a tiny bit lighter (and sweeter) is Strongbow. They have it on draft in a small handful of places in Columbus. None in Canton that I’ve found yet.

caitlin

is this true? i’m not a yuengling drinker, so i’d never know. but that seems odd.

Mercurius
    Participant

kitsune27 wrote favorite that you can’t get in ohio: fat tire

favorite that you can get in ohio: southern tier brewing: phin & matt’s extraordinary ale (brewed mere miles from the house i grew up in!)

for everyday enjoyment: bass on tap

beer i’m most excited about being in columbus: straub [/url] on tap at tip top[/url]! yay for no preservatives!

Uh, I like Fat Tire, went to the brewery, also been to Tommy Knocker’s Brewery. A 12 pack of Fat Tire in the locker room of any resort in Colorado will get you free lift tickets, FYI.

chaptal
    Participant

Straub is on tap at the Tip-Top? Guess I’ll be going there for dinner tomorrow night!

Yuengling has a regional distribution network and is very slow to expand due to their smaller output.

Personally, and I’m just posting names since I have no idea how you put pictures on here, I like Pilsner Urquell, New Glarus, Anchor Steam and Chimay.

I miss Hoster’s Amber Lager.

Mercurius
    Participant

caitlin wrote

is this true? i’m not a yuengling drinker, so i’d never know. but that seems odd. It is true. You can only get Yuengling (America’s Oldest Brewery) on the East Coast. They have been talking for quite a while of buying another brewery, but the problem is they are brewing at capacity so they haven’t been able to expand. Good stuff for the price. Went to Philly often in school and would pay for the trip by bringing back cases of Yuengling. One trip to Philly we had 19 cases in the car :shock:

f!5hl39

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 1,488 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: