Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Faux Urban Beaches

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Faux Urban Beaches

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Can you guys start a separate thread if you really want to talk about animal feces on campus?

KTHX

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I’m all about the pseudo-beach, as long as we don’t put a fountain in it. ;)

columbusmike
    Participant

Walker said:
    Can you guys start a separate thread if you really want to talk about animal feces on campus?

KTHX

Speaking on that subject, there’s quite a bit of geese droppings around the river. I’d imagine the geese population will only increase once the dam is removed. Maybe there’s a way to naturally control the geese….such as a dog or reflectors to scare the birds….

Anyways, that could/does pose as a deterant to lying on the grass around the river currentlty.

TaraK
    Participant

Location could be tricky and might determine a lot about its traffic and usage. My first thought was near the Scioto center, which would also be close to the climbing wall down there, but that may not make sense. It could wind up attracting college kids, general public, or families, but it’s difficult to imagine a Cbus location that would accommodate all.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

TaraK said:
    Location could be tricky and might determine a lot about its traffic and usage. My first thought was near the Scioto center, which would also be close to the climbing wall down there, but that may not make sense. It could wind up attracting college kids, general public, or families, but it’s difficult to imagine a Cbus location that would accommodate all.

Sounds like you just made a case for building 3 faux urban beaches in Columbus. ;)

News
    Participant

Placemaking’s Ripple Effect: How a Beach Downtown is Making Waves in Detroit
    By Philip Winn on Sep 26, 2014

At first glance, a Google image search for the term “Detroit” returns an alarmingly one-sided portrayal of the Motor City. Photographs of crumbling buildings dominate so much that other parts of the story – a Tigers game, a skyline view, a Diego Rivera mural – fade into the background. Scroll a bit further and one image breaks through the monotony – a beach.

READ MORE: http://www.pps.org/blog/placemakings-ripple-effect-how-a-beach-downtown-is-making-waves-in-detroit/

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION