Our City Online

Messageboard - TV

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

FARGO TV Series on FX

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion TV FARGO TV Series on FX

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Snarf Snarf 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Achekov
    Participant

Been really enjoying this show, so far.

Having been to Duluth I’ve experienced some dissonance between the reality and how it’s portrayed on TV. Duluth is a little more sophisticated and and a little more roughneck than is portrayed on the show, but I know it’s a comedy and I’m still enjoying it so far.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

I am incredibly impressed how well they’ve nailed the vibe of the movie, albeit a completely different narrative and characters. Obviously, a great cast an the Coen Brothers involvement helps. Really enjoying it.

paranoidandroid
    Participant

I loved how this week’s episode included a ‘flashback’ from the Stavros Milos character (played by Oliver Platt) showing how he went from rags to riches by discovering the briefcase of money buried in the snow by Carl Showalter (played by Steve Buscemi) in the movie.

I recently watched the movie again just to have it fresh and compare the similarities, but that little crossover story-line was excellent, and I hope to see more of those!

Posole
    Posole
    Participant

I still can’t figure out who Billy Bob Thorton’s charcter is and what groups or person of power he is associated with. He may just be a known freelancer.

I’m also convinced that the name “Lorne Malvo” is an anagram of some sort, but I haven’t been able to unscramble it.

Does anyone think that Lorne is his real name? that is what imdb lists the character as. Seems odd that he would have ready access to aliases and register under his own name while on a “job.”

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

LOVED the tie-in to the actual movie with the money situation. I remember after seeing the film thinking about all that money Steve Buscemi’s character hid and how nobody was going to find it. Looks like I was wrong.

Billy Bob is killing it in this role. I hope he’s having as much fun as it looks like he’s having.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

Also, just found out Key and Peele will be showing up. Awesome.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/02/key-and-peele-will-guest-star-on-fxs-fargo.html

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

LOVED the tie-in to the actual movie with the money situation. I remember after seeing the film thinking about all that money Steve Buscemi’s character hid and how nobody was going to find it. Looks like I was wrong.

Billy Bob is killing it in this role. I hope he’s having as much fun as it looks like he’s having.

Thornton is fantastic.

We’re thinking of trying a drinking game with this show where you have to take a drink every time someone says “Jeeze!”

Posole
    Posole
    Participant

Did anyone else almost think for a second that this week was the final episode? They totally could have ended it right there. I had to stop for a second and count to realize we’re only at episode 6 of 10.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Did anyone else almost think for a second that this week was the final episode? They totally could have ended it right there. I had to stop for a second and count to realize we’re only at episode 6 of 10.

I didn’t almost think for a second…I had to go online and find out. That absolutely felt like a season finale, but thrilled it wasn’t!

paranoidandroid
    Participant

Mister Shifter
    Participant
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

Can’t wait! This fills the void left by Justified finishing up. :)

bayrea
    Participant

I can’t believe there has been no discussion about season 2! Season 2 is knocking it out of the park. I would have to put it a notch above season 1 and almost (season’s not over yet) as good as Breaking Bad.

Anonymous

Thank you for not posting a spoiler bayrea. I haven’t watched last night’s episode yet. It’s funny how while ThaMissus and I are watching, we find ourselves repeatedly saying “This is so good!” I’m already looking forward to the next season.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘TV’ is closed to new topics and replies.