Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Essential item for Columbus locals?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Essential item for Columbus locals?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

geigondis

Nobody wants to feel like a tourist when they are traveling — including those who visit Columbus from other cities in the world. What do you consider “essential equipment” for a native Columbus resident? Or an essential cultural norm to master?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

You have to call Kroger, Krogers. A healthy disdain for the west side doesn’t hurt either.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Snarf said:
    You have to call Kroger, Krogers. A healthy disdain for the west side doesn’t hurt either.

Helps to wet yourself whenever anyone says “Hilltop”.

As to healthy disdains, add red brick to the list.

FoodFort
    Participant

Sad to say but true. You need to walk around with a buckeye item on your body or car. When someone randomly says OH! you are expected to reply – IO! but I like to say NO! or GOD! Eat from a food truck. Dine at a Columbus Food League Reataurant and visit German Village.

I do ask, when you go back to your native land, when asked where you were, please say Columbus not Columbus Ohio.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Go Bucks!!!

bjones7
    Participant

Tourist should know that even though we have two Major League Sports teams and a minor league team, they do not matter when we have the Buckeyes. (Sad but true).

bman
    Participant

bjones7 said:
    Tourist should know that even though we have two Major League Sports teams and a minor league team, they do not matter when we have the Buckeyes. (Sad but true).

I will take the Buckeyes over ANY pro team in any sport any day!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

FoodFort said:
    Sad to say but true. You need to walk around with a buckeye item on your body or car. When someone randomly says OH! you are expected to reply – IO!

I’ve never owned any Buckeye attire and I’ve never had anyone say anything about it.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Hatred for “that state up north”, because we don’t give a dam for whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan, the whole state of Michigan.
    Even if you vacationed in the UP last year and loved it ;)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not making eye contact with anyone just outside the North Market prevents one from having to explain “I don’t have any extra money”.

catnfiddle
    Participant

For some reason, you must pronounce Morse Road “Morris Road”.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

pah-TAS-ka-la

viciouslove1980
    Participant

At least one Comfest mug is a must have for any Columbus local.

RhondaH

Don’t put

in Olentangy!

susank

I was a concierge downtown before everyone had smartphones and during the fall a ton of questions were always about the Buckeyes.

When I first started I remember the dumbfounded looks when I wasn’t able to answer who they were playing that week.

I have found though, that being able to speak ‘Buckeye’ is a little like being able to play golf and is pretty useful in breaking the ice or finding common ground with people and not just ones from Columbus.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: