Our City Online

Messageboard - Transportation

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

End of Early Bird Parking?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Transportation End of Early Bird Parking?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posole
    Posole
    Participant

Columbus Commons Garage is ending its “Early Bird” parking rates beginning May 1. Do you think more will follow? There’s still plenty of parking but it’s getting farther and farther out to the point where you might as well wait for a bus.

Columbus may finally be entering the “big city” ranks, where parking is a luxury instead of a given.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

It’s either “downtown is decaying, fix it!” Or “All the parking is going away!” Kind of dammed if you do, dammed if you don’t…

Eugene_C
    Participant

Nothing lasts forever

Analogue Kid
    Participant

The garage was put under new management (same as OSU Campusparc) last year, and monthly rates recently increased as expected.

I’m guessing this list hasn’t been updated yet though. http://media.columbuscommons.org/files-Parking-Garage-Rates-2016-1.pdf

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

The garage was put under new management (same as OSU Campusparc) last year, and monthly rates recently increased as expected.

I’m guessing this list hasn’t been updated yet though. http://media.columbuscommons.org/files-Parking-Garage-Rates-2016-1.pdf

Really? wow. I thought the non-profit gvt partnership that was running it was doing a better job than the previous private operator. They cleaned it up, fixed all the broken lights, fixed up the crumbling masonry, etc.

Graybeak
    Participant

The garage I park in on north 4th and Gay also had signs up this morning trumpeting the end of early bird parking beginning May 1st.
    Of course they promised they weren’t raising their rates, just eliminating the early bird parking.
    That’s kind of exactly what you did, though.

I think this is also a City owned garage being run by a private company. LAZ parking.

Pablo
    Participant

LAZ manages both Columbus Commons garages and the city owned garages at 4th & Elm and Front & Rich, among others.

https://www.lazparking.com/local/columbus

dalias
    dalias
    Participant

LAZ manages both Columbus Commons garages and the city owned garages at 4th & Elm and Front & Rich, among others.

https://www.lazparking.com/local/columbus

From the Campusparc OSU page – “CampusParc is the concessionaire and is responsible for the oversight of the parking assets, including the maintenance and operation for the parking facilities. CampusParc has contracted with LAZ Parking, a professional parking operator, for the day-to-day operation of the parking system. At Ohio State, LAZ Parking works under the brand of CampusParc.”

With the concession for OSU parking, they established a base here and are obviously using that base to branch out into ownership or administration of other parking facilities in the area.

Posole
    Posole
    Participant

The garage I park in on north 4th and Gay also had signs up this morning trumpeting the end of early bird parking beginning May 1st.<br>
    Of course they promised they weren’t raising their rates, just eliminating the early bird parking.<br>
    That’s kind of exactly what you did, though.

I think this is also a City owned garage being run by a private company. LAZ parking.

IKR? they just raised the rates for people who park all day, which is like MOST of the people.

JakeNic
    Participant

I pay monthly for the Laz garage at 4th and Elm (near Gay) and saw the sign. However, my monthly rate isn’t changing so apparently I haven’t been paying the early bird rate? I dunno. Was the early bird rate just a daily rate?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Transportation’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: