Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Empty restaurant space downtown. What should fill it?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Empty restaurant space downtown. What should fill it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author

Roland
    Participant

Aunt Madge wrote >>

albug_cbus wrote >>
    IF the next vacant space downtown had to be filled with a chain restaurant, I agree with Aunt Madge, make it a salad bar! Anyone in the market to expand a franchise out East? Souper Salad (www.soupersalad.com), which I frequented while living in Denver was pretty darn tasty.

Yes, that is a great place …. we WANT one of those HERE!!! There are already enough places for people to eat colored egg noodles and various other types of paper mache on top of their entrees. Some of these restaurants barely give you a 2×3-inch piece of meat, but a whole plate full of sauce strewn all over the place and some stuff that looks like something you feed to horses or cows off to the side. I want to be filled up!! So yes for Souper Salad !!! For those of you who are stuck on the noveau cuisine stuff … tell you what, we’ll add an “e” at the end of salad, (Souper Salade … feel better now?)!

Have you ever been to Golden Corral? It’s amazing. You’d love it.

Aunt Madge

I do like Golden Coral, althought I think Home Buffet has the better buffet adaptation. Seems like some are saying I’m hateful, not really, sarcastic perhaps. Maybe some people are a bit thin skinned who can’t take being disagreed with. Me…I can just walk away! (And don’t say … “please do”!! That would be hateful!) Do we have any Golden Corals out here??

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Aunt Madge wrote >>
    Seems like some are saying I’m hateful, not really, sarcastic perhaps.

I wouldn’t really say hateful. Maybe just “prone to constant complaining an unfunny goofball commentary”. If I was being snarky earlier it’s because the shtick has already gotten old.

greenhouse1014
    Participant

Walker wrote >>

Aunt Madge wrote >>
    Seems like some are saying I’m hateful, not really, sarcastic perhaps.

I wouldn’t really say hateful. Maybe just “prone to constant complaining an unfunny goofball commentary”. If I was being snarky earlier it’s because the shtick has already gotten old.

such is the danger of having a schtick. They get old real quick.

misskitty
    Participant

Aunt Madge wrote >>
    Golden Corals out here??

Yes we do COLUMBUS OH 3710 WEST DUBLIN GRANVILLE 43235 (614)799-9579
    ETA: I dont Recommend

Lanibug65

Is the place in the basement of the church at the corner of Fourth and Broad still open, cause if so they used to serve really good soft serve ice cream, and several flavors in fact….

misskitty
    Participant

Nah they closed last year that was my go to place for Frozen yogurt. Makes me real sad

misskitty
    Participant

Otero’s Salad and Soup bar has closed for good from what I understand :(

alison

The salad bar has closed?
    ‘Cuz I’m pretty sure Otero’s is live and kicking.

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: