Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Empty restaurant space downtown. What should fill it?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Empty restaurant space downtown. What should fill it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)
  • Author

honavery

I’m not sure what qualifies as a salad bar, but plenty of spaces do make your own salad things. My favorite is Broad Street Bagel, but Isabellas does it too.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

osulew wrote >>

von wrote >>
    i’m just sayin….it wasnt a win or lose situation…

Strangely enough though, all this salad bar talk has made me think of this wedding I went to that had, among a shitton of other things, a mashed potato bar. It was delicious. And now I want mashed potatoes. And I blame you.

Well, now I want mashed potatoes and I blame you!

misskitty
    Participant

The cafeteria in the Nationwide Building has a great salad bar. It’s also cheap can’t beat that. They have many other items as well all cheap most likely the best value lunch downtown.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

osulew wrote >>

von wrote >>

Strangely enough though, all this salad bar talk has made me think of this wedding I went to that had, among a shitton of other things, a mashed potato bar. It was delicious. And now I want mashed potatoes. And I blame you.

was it held at the former Adam’s Mark hotel on Gay and 3rd? they put together a good one. at least they used to for legislative events…

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

von wrote >>

osulew wrote >>

von wrote >>

was it held at the former Adam’s Mark hotel on Gay and 3rd? they put together a good one. at least they used to for legislative events…

Nope…was at the Columbus Museum of Art.
    They also had a cooler of Jeni’s there with someone scooping like 6 flavors.
    So now I also would like Jeni’s with my mashed potatoes.
    So my vote is now for a mashed potato/ice cream emporium.

greenhouse1014
    Participant

misskitty wrote >>
    The cafeteria in the Nationwide Building has a great salad bar. It’s also cheap can’t beat that. They have many other items as well all cheap most likely the best value lunch downtown.

I’m pretty sure the NW cafeteria isn’t open to the public. Just NW and BWC employees.

somertimeoh
    Participant

A Souper Salad type place with a desire to source local as much as humanly possible and other things like sell Jeni’s in place of the usual soft serve machines in these joints would be awesome and is what I’ve been begging for since I moved here. But honestly, I don’t want it downtown because it wouldn’t be open after 5 so I’d never get to go. Right now I want a salad and baked potato so bad I can’t stand it. I swear if someone gave me $100K right now, this is what I’d do with it.

groundrules
    Participant

wow, that would have to be a big-ass potato and a really nice salad.

misskitty
    Participant

greenhouse1014 wrote >>

misskitty wrote >>

I’m pretty sure the NW cafeteria isn’t open to the public. Just NW and BWC employees.

It’s open to the public I go there all the time and never had an issue. :)

misskitty
    Participant

somertimeoh wrote >>
    A Souper Salad type place with a desire to source local as much as humanly possible and other things like sell Jeni’s in place of the usual soft serve machines in these joints would be awesome and is what I’ve been begging for since I moved here. But honestly, I don’t want it downtown because it wouldn’t be open after 5 so I’d never get to go. Right now I want a salad and baked potato so bad I can’t stand it. I swear if someone gave me $100K right now, this is what I’d do with it.

Do you know of any place Downtown with Soft serve? If so let me know mmmmmm

DavidF
    Participant

null

How ’bout a Super Crackers?

greenhouse1014
    Participant

misskitty wrote >>

greenhouse1014 wrote >>

misskitty wrote >>

It’s open to the public I go there all the time and never had an issue. :)

hmmm, I work at NW and the sign on the wall says associates only. Guess you must look like a NW worker bee.

oops, just asked around and I’m wrong. Yes, the NW cafe is the bomb.

honavery

Went to Burgers, Dogs, and Fries today. Thought it was pretty decent actually. I got hot dogs which are pretty hard to screw up, but they were Nathans (you have options). Lots of different toppings, and the fries were good. They are crinkle fries. I guess that is what I’m most pleased with, having a place downtown to just quickly grab some fries, since Arbys and Wendys cleared out. Service was friendly, and prices reasonable.

Aunt Madge

albug_cbus wrote >>
    IF the next vacant space downtown had to be filled with a chain restaurant, I agree with Aunt Madge, make it a salad bar! Anyone in the market to expand a franchise out East? Souper Salad (www.soupersalad.com), which I frequented while living in Denver was pretty darn tasty.

Yes, that is a great place …. we WANT one of those HERE!!! There are already enough places for people to eat colored egg noodles and various other types of paper mache on top of their entrees. Some of these restaurants barely give you a 2×3-inch piece of meat, but a whole plate full of sauce strewn all over the place and some stuff that looks like something you feed to horses or cows off to the side. I want to be filled up!! So yes for Souper Salad !!! For those of you who are stuck on the noveau cuisine stuff … tell you what, we’ll add an “e” at the end of salad, (Souper Salade … feel better now?)!

DavidF
    Participant

Aunt Madge wrote >>

albug_cbus wrote >>
    IF the next vacant space downtown had to be filled with a chain restaurant, I agree with Aunt Madge, make it a salad bar! Anyone in the market to expand a franchise out East? Souper Salad (www.soupersalad.com), which I frequented while living in Denver was pretty darn tasty.

Yes, that is a great place …. we WANT one of those HERE!!! There are already enough places for people to eat colored egg noodles and various other types of paper mache on top of their entrees. Some of these restaurants barely give you a 2×3-inch piece of meat, but a whole plate full of sauce strewn all over the place and some stuff that looks like something you feed to horses or cows off to the side. I want to be filled up!! So yes for Souper Salad !!! For those of you who are stuck on the noveau cuisine stuff … tell you what, we’ll add an “e” at the end of salad, (Souper Salade … feel better now?)!

Maybe you would be happier at the dispatch comments section? Seems like you are hating on pretty much every thread. It’s a shame really, cuz you have such a fun avatar.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 84 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: