Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Empty restaurant space downtown. What should fill it?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Empty restaurant space downtown. What should fill it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe it is .

albug_cbus

IF the next vacant space downtown had to be filled with a chain restaurant, I agree with Aunt Madge, make it a salad bar! Anyone in the market to expand a franchise out East? Souper Salad (www.soupersalad.com), which I frequented while living in Denver was pretty darn tasty.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

albug_cbus wrote >>
    IF the next vacant space downtown had to be filled with a chain restaurant, I agree with Aunt Madge, make it a salad bar! Anyone in the market to expand a franchise out East? Souper Salad (www.soupersalad.com), which I frequented while living in Denver was pretty darn tasty.

Otero’s, which is literally 4 storefronts away has a great salad bar…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

von wrote >>

+1

And if you really need something afterhours, the Brewery District Kroger isn’t that far away.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Aunt Madge wrote >>
    I think I’ve got the perfect solution. There’s more than enough noveau cuisine going around … what we need is real food … a “Hometown Buffet”!!! Yes! An upscale Hometown Buffet.

I’ve been thinking about this… and I’m ready to admit that you’re correct.

Downtown Columbus will never truly be a metropolitan urban capital city until someone opens up “Aunt Madge’s All-You-Can-Eat Drive-Through Buffet and Salad Bar”.

That just screams big city livin’.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

The snark is strong in this one.

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

Walker’s feeling sassy today.

greenhouse1014
    Participant

The Snark is strong with you young Walker…

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

There’s no need for drive thru’s downtown, and snark all you want, but one of these would kill downtown.
    Souper Salad

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

osulew wrote >>
    There’s no need for drive thru’s downtown, and snark all you want, but one of these would kill downtown.
    Souper Salad

i’m gonna have to respectfully disagree and only bc there WAS a great salad place in the City Center that went under WAY before a lot of the other stores started closing up shop. They would even hand out half off coupons and still didnt survive. and, again, there already is a salad bar downtown…Otero’s. yummo

Core_Models

I have to say though, honestly…anyone remember the Rax bar? WAY beyond a salad bar, and I think its time may have come again.

albug_cbus

von wrote >>

I live near, but don’t work, downtown so I’m not well versed in weekday lunch spots, but glad to see this niche is already filled. Maybe I will check Otero’s out some Saturday, the menu looks good!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

von wrote >>

osulew wrote >>
    Souper Salad

i’m gonna have to respectfully disagree and only bc there WAS a great salad place in the City Center that went under WAY before a lot of the other stores started closing up shop. They would even hand out half off coupons and still didnt survive. and, again, there already is a salad bar downtown…Otero’s. yummo

Fine you win.
    Maybe New Albany needs a salad bar

Nitsud Regnifloh
    Participant

i’m just sayin….it wasnt a win or lose situation…

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

von wrote >>
    i’m just sayin….it wasnt a win or lose situation…

Strangely enough though, all this salad bar talk has made me think of this wedding I went to that had, among a shitton of other things, a mashed potato bar. It was delicious. And now I want mashed potatoes. And I blame you.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: