Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Empty restaurant space downtown. What should fill it?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Empty restaurant space downtown. What should fill it?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • Author

misskitty
    Participant

I would love a Taco bell somewhere close to Downtown walking distance.

joev
    Participant

I’m going to go against the flow here, and suggest Subway.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Aunt Madge wrote >>
    Taco Bell seems to be totally missing from the downtown landscape.

Almost all of the major fast food chains have left Downtown because they can’t add drive-thrus, and that’s how profitability is measured in that world. I guess you’ll just have to settle for either eating Arepazo or making the 2 minute drive to the Taco Bell on South High.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

osulew wrote >>
    Maybe we could just combine Auntie Anne’s, subway, and taco bell into one giant crapfactory.

She’s at the Auntie Anne’s.
    She’s at the Taco Bell.

She’s at the Combination Auntie Anne’s and Taco Bell.

Jimmy Mak
    Jimmy Mak
    Participant

osulew wrote >>
    combine Auntie Anne’s, subway, and taco bell

Ah, good old “Tacuntie Way” … wow, that sounds dirtier than I meant it too …

Jergarr27
    Participant

jmak wrote >>

osulew wrote >>
    combine Auntie Anne’s, subway, and taco bell

Ah, good old “Tacuntie Way” … wow, that sounds dirtier than I meant it too …

TACOS AND FOOTLONGS AND PRETZELS… OH MY!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I just nearly peed.
    Kudos.

Aunt Madge

Walker wrote >>

Aunt Madge wrote >>

Almost all of the major fast food chains have left Downtown because they can’t add drive-thrus, and that’s how profitability is measured in that world. I guess you’ll just have to settle for either eating Arepazo or making the 2 minute drive to the Taco Bell on South High.

Well if the mayor can make perfectly good one way streets into two way streets that snarl traffic, then we can most certainly add a drive through along side one of these tall buildings down there … since you’re going to be sitting in traffic anyway, may as well have some place to pull off into to get something to eat. I say give us back our alleys to drive on so a drive through can be put in the back of a restaurant.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

If traffic were such a huge problem (which it’s not) you could just park your car and get out and eat.

Anyway… how about we get back to the original topic, which is uh… uhm… filling a non-vacant local retail eatery with a chain mall pretzel stand?

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Aunt Madge wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

Aunt Madge wrote >>

Well if the mayor can make perfectly good one way streets into two way streets that snarl traffic, then we can most certainly add a drive through along side one of these tall buildings down there … since you’re going to be sitting in traffic anyway, may as well have some place to pull off into to get something to eat. I say give us back our alleys to drive on so a drive through can be put in the back of a restaurant.

Screw traffic, how many businesses have since opened on that new two way street?

Jergarr27
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    If traffic were such a huge problem (which it’s not) you could just park your car and get out and eat.
    Anyway… how about we get back to the original topic, which is uh… uhm… filling a non-vacant local retail eatery with a chain mall pretzel stand?

Well! I never…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Jergarr27 wrote >>
    Well! I never…

Hee hee. ;)

Aunt Madge

Walker wrote >>

Fine, suit yourself. I want something with a salad bar.

Aunt Madge

Aunt Madge wrote >>

Walker wrote >>

Fine, suit yourself. I want something with a salad bar.

I think I’ve got the perfect solution. There’s more than enough noveau cuisine going around … what we need is real food … a “Hometown Buffet”!!! Yes! An upscale Hometown Buffet.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

I thought the food I ate downtown was real.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION