Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Elizabeth Lessner on Countdown with Keith Olbermann

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Elizabeth Lessner on Countdown with Keith Olbermann

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036677/#38841137

It was on last night. Thoughts?

JonMyers
    Participant

What a natural. Great job Liz.

KSquared

I was bursting with pride while I watched. Liz, you did a fantastic job representing BFR and Columbus.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yay for Liz from Ohio (and Bobama)!

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Wait, Betty’s is opening two more restaurants in the next year?

GreatOutdoors
    Participant

JimL2 wrote >>
    Wait, Betty’s is opening two more restaurants in the next year?

I thought she referred to “businesses” — one may be the recycling/composting business that her company has proposed, and is trying to work out with SWACO.

What a pleasant surprise to see her included in the conversation (and not some talking head instead, which seems to be the normal course of action for cable news). Seeing her also reminded me of one of the ideas discussed on the board about the city’s “branding,” and the idea that the great people in Columbus (and the work that they’re doing) could be our brand.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

I can’t get the video to load on either of my computers, hrm.

roy
    Participant

KSquared wrote >>
    I was bursting with pride while I watched. Liz, you did a fantastic job representing BFR and Columbus.

Well stated, I agree 100%. My girl is so awesome.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I DVR’d it and then watched it two more times. You rocked it Liz. Way to represent.

manticore33
    Participant

I heard this on WCBE this morning and was super excited. Liz, thank you for speaking out!

Twixlen
    Participant

We were *literally* cheering – because we are geeks. But really, you were that awesome, Liz!!

I’m curious though – is there any specific reason that Columbus wasn’t mentioned? Central Ohio, state of Ohio… etc… but not Columbus. Was it because of the Boehner (forever Boner to me) tie in, do ya’ll think?

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Thanks, everyone, for such nice comments.

Twixlen, because Boehner’s speech was given in Cleveland about the state of small biz in Ohio, I was responding mostly as an Ohioan affected by his proposed policies. I don’t think anyone was intentionally leaving out Columbus.

Regarding the businesses funded in part by stimulus dollars, in the past year both Dirty Frank’s and Eartha has taken advantage of stimulus small business loans. And in the next 1-2 years, there are two restaurants in the works, loans are in process for both projects from stimulus funds. I’ll keep you posted when things are more concrete.

Thanks again for the nice comments, as someone who is much more comfortable behind the scenes, I thought the interview was pretty scary!

Liz, I’ve patroned all 4 of your establishments and I must say I enjoy the experiences from all. To watch you speak on behalf of Ohio and to know that we have great advocates for Columbus really made me happy yesterday.

pedex
    Participant

boehner was right about geitner et al need fired, the rest is kabuki theater

Brant
    Participant

I thought it hewed more closely to Noh theater, myself.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: