Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Eat at Knead

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Eat at Knead

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Knead is featuring brats and pierogies today to compliment the Microbrew Festival taking place around the corner. ;)

panzuriel

I stopped in last friday noon trying for a quick bite and they were packed. Reluctantly, i couldn’t stay but I’ll try back again soon. Perhaps the friday lunch hour is an anomaly? I hope not, Knead is a pretty awesome place. I’d hate to lose it.

AMEEKER
    Participant

Knead’s food is lovely. That MotherClucker is fantastic. I sometimes dream about it.

Having said that, Knead has the worst hours. It’s like I have to carry their schedule with me to remember when they’re open. For that reason alone, we only eat there once every few months.

LUNCH
    Tuesday–Friday: 11 a.m.–3 p.m.
    Saturday: 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
    Sunday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
    Monday: Closed

DINNER:
    Tuesday–Thursday: 5 p.m.–10 p.m.
    Friday–Saturday: 5 p.m.–11 p.m.
    Monday & Sunday: Closed

Wait. I’ve edited this post after I wrote it because I don’t think I said this strongly enough.

When I drive past Knead, I grumble at them for their hours. I ACTIVELY DISLIKE Knead despite the fact that I ACTIVELY LIKE their food BECAUSE of their strange hours.

I should go to bed now. Just thinking about this is making me grumpy.

hivner1

Yeah you might wanna sleep that one off because you’re making it a lot more complicated than it should be. Embrace the fact that a restaurant is serving food so fresh that they have to shut down for a few hours during the week to ramp up for their dinner menu, and that the restaurant is truly family-owned and closes for a day and a half every week. Skillet has similar hours

AMEEKER said:
    Knead’s food is lovely. That MotherClucker is fantastic. I sometimes dream about it.

Having said that, Knead has the worst hours. It’s like I have to carry their schedule with me to remember when they’re open. For that reason alone, we only eat there once every few months.

LUNCH
    Tuesday–Friday: 11 a.m.–3 p.m.
    Saturday: 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
    Sunday: 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
    Monday: Closed

DINNER:
    Tuesday–Thursday: 5 p.m.–10 p.m.
    Friday–Saturday: 5 p.m.–11 p.m.
    Monday & Sunday: Closed

Wait. I’ve edited this post after I wrote it because I don’t think I said this strongly enough.

When I drive past Knead, I grumble at them for their hours. I ACTIVELY DISLIKE Knead despite the fact that I ACTIVELY LIKE their food BECAUSE of their strange hours.

I should go to bed now. Just thinking about this is making me grumpy.

MikeReed
    Participant

I feel obliged to follow up on my experience at Knead- I ate there a while back and said I wasn’t much of a fan.

I revisited last night and both the food and service were outstanding.

Fsonicsmith
    Participant

I’ve been many times in the past. Went back today for the first time in months. Lunch at 12:30. There were about eight tables occupied with one party of six being served by three waitstaff. I saddled up to the bar, which was empty. Having nothing better to do, I did a lot of looking around. I was greeted by the owner who sounded disappointed when I indicated I was there to eat and not drink. My service was coldly polite and indifferent. The waitstaff seemed unorganized with one gal working and trying hard and two guys who seemed to be sleepwalking through it. My Motherclucker took a very long time-almost 20 minutes. The hard-working waiter was good enough to pick it up as soon as the bell rang and serve it to me hot (I hate nothing more than seeing a recently fired plate sit on counter growing cold waiting for a server to grab it). The sandwich was sublime as always. Two cooks in the kitchen were clearly running slow with 20-25 customers. Overall, a mixed but mostly positive experience.

ricospaz
    Participant

The ketchup is awful, unless you love fennel and hate ketchup

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

I agree, hopefully they have some good old Heinz in there now, last time I asked for it and was told they didn’t have any, only the fennel57.

ricospaz
    Participant

Porky said:
    I agree, hopefully they have some good old Heinz in there now, last time I asked for it and was told they didn’t have any, only the fennel57.

I was with a group of 10 on Saturday before Beerfest. Everyone loved the food but most hated the Fennelup.

meltsintowonder
    Participant

I’m all about making what you can in-house but it’s hard to beat Heinz ketchup. With that said, Knead has some stellar food and beverages.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

+1 that ketchup has got to go. awful.

ricospaz
    Participant

But everything else there? Fantastic. Just offer Heinz or even homemade without fennel. We had great service as well even though it was packed.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    +1 that ketchup has got to go. awful.

It’s like serving only water with iodine or something. Crazy.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

ricospaz said:
    But everything else there? Fantastic.

Yepper the Motherclucker one of my favorites sammiches, like ever!

Graybeak
    Participant

Well, what about BYOK ?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: