Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Eat at Knead

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Eat at Knead

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Bear
    Participant

I dropped by Knead tonight for a quick after-dinner drink. I’ve been there a couple of times recently, and I’d highly recommend going there now.

While the menu at Knead is in transition (and is always good), the main reason to go is the scaffolding along the east side of High St., across from the Convention Center, which has just about hidden the entire restaurant from view. The effectiveness of the scaffolding is apparent when you enter the restaurant: it’s far from its usual bustling self most nights. I think there were four or five people total in the restaurant at 8:30, and the crew was hanging out with little to do.

So drop by. You and your meal will almost certainly get an unusual amount of attention. Hell, Chef Lopez might even grab a seat and chat with you for a while. And you’d be doing a terrific local business a great favor.

joev
    Participant

Is the service any better these days?

KarmenD
    Participant

Great reminder to attend a local (delicious) business!!!

On that note, Eat at Deepwood too! One of the best happr hours ($3 Kettle One cocktails)! And, they also are covered in drapery.

Kahiki

joev said:
    Is the service any better these days?

I don’t know when you were there last, so I can’t speak to that, but I know that I’ve had much better experiences lately than when they first opened.

surber17
    Participant

The food at Knead is amazing! I’ve made a point to take coworkers there recently.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

KarmenD said:
    On that note, Eat at Deepwood too! One of the best happr hours ($3 Kettle One cocktails)! And, they also are covered in drapery.

Only place in town that I’m aware of where you can get a Pu Pu Platter. ;)

The Unique Dish: Deepwood Unveils New Pu Pu Platter for Happy Hour

Bear
    Participant

KarmenD said:
    Great reminder to attend a local (delicious) business!!!

Thanks. I was debating mentioning them too, but I hadn’t been in as recently, so I didn’t know how they were doing. I hoped maybe the valet had saved them to a degree from the construction blues.

Twixlen
    Participant

We popped in Friday night for dinner – the food was excellent as always, and the service was good. They had a decent crowd in there, which was great to see.

Their fall menu is my favorite – I cannot wait for it to roll out once again and to stuff my face full of all the brussels sprouts.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    Their fall menu is my favorite – I cannot wait for it to roll out once again and to stuff my face full of all the brussels sprouts.

Not to go off the rails, sorry, but I had some brussels sprouts recently at Hubbard Grille that were really, really good. And they’re not my thing either, which made it all the more surprising. They were crispy and lightly sitting in some kind of purplish reduction. Big thumbs up.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

Walker said:
    Only place in town that I’m aware of where you can get a Pu Pu Platter. ;)

The Unique Dish: Deepwood Unveils New Pu Pu Platter for Happy Hour

Peking Dynasty on 5th in Grandview also has a pu pu platter.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Went in for brunch today around 1:00 and every table was full except for the two empty bar seats, which we took. Pleasant surprise.

buckette13

It was packed when we went. They are doing a groupon but from what our server said they have been having a lot of return customers.

cbus11

buckette13 said:
    It was packed when we went. They are doing a groupon but from what our server said they have been having a lot of return customers.

The table next to ours was using some sort of coupon. I was thinking it was Dine Originals, but it may have been a Groupon. Regardless, it was busy and people seemed to be having a good time.

ricospaz
    Participant

One of the better chicken sandwiches in town..

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

cbus11 said:
    The table next to ours was using some sort of coupon. I was thinking it was Dine Originals, but it may have been a Groupon.

Knead isn’t a DOC restaurant…

http://www.dineoriginalscolumbus.com/restaurants/?regions=23

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: