Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Kraft House No. 5 - Old Easy Street Location in Powell

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Kraft House No. 5 – Old Easy Street Location in Powell

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

fidlerre
    Participant

Just noticed on a drive thru downtown Powell that the Easy Street closed.

The windows are papered and there appeared to be a sign announcing something new coming but I noticed it at the last second and didn’t have a chance to catch the name; anyone know what’s taking their spot?

Josh Rice
    Participant

It’s going to be called Kraft House No. 5. This article answers a lot of questions:
    http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/2014/05/08/tabletalk.html
    The new chef is awesome!

RBloodworth
    Participant

Sounds a lot like the Crest (or the Sycamore, etc., etc). Not that that’s a bad thing, necessarily. This area is big enough to have a quasi-upscale gastropub in more than one neighborhood.

Lu
    Participant

Sounds a lot like the Crest (or the Sycamore, etc., etc). Not that that’s a bad thing, necessarily. This area is big enough to have a quasi-upscale gastropub in more than one neighborhood.

Also closer to Powell: 101 Beer Kitchen, the Pint Room, Pies and Pints, and the new Crafty Pint.

Matt Boyd
    Participant

Local Roots right across the street from this location does a lot of craft beer too.

I can’t wait to try this new place.

Achekov
    Participant

I am not seeing the term “Gastropub” being used consistently when defining pub/mircrobrew/eateries. So, at this point I’m not exactly sure what it is.

fidlerre
    Participant

It’s going to be called Kraft House No. 5. This article answers a lot of questions:

http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/stories/2014/05/08/tabletalk.html

The new chef is awesome!

Excellent. Thanks for the update, guess we’ll play the waiting game for when they reopen.

News
    Participant

Kraft House No. 5 Opening in Powell
    May 24, 2014 8:15 am — Ayana Wilson

The Pappas family has been well known throughout Central Ohio for decades. They are the originators of Tommy’s Diner and Milo’s Cafe & Catering, two of the city’s best-loved eateries for their authenticity, both in food preparation and people.

This May, the Pappas family will open yet another restaurant concept, Kraft House No. 5, which promises to craft almost everything in house, from pastas and breads, to vinegars and cured meat.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/kraft-house-no-5-opening-in-powell-aw1

bigfoodguy
    Participant

The integrity of the experience at Tommy’s Diner combined with the creativity of Chef Meacham should equal a fantastic food experience. I’m jealous that this restaraunt isn’t closer to Bexley (where I live), but I will for sure make the trip to Powell just for this food. I wish all of the Pappas family the best with this endeavor.

pez
    Participant

Went for dinner tonight, here are my initial reactions as a frequent customer of the Easy Street that was there before:

– decor is different, maybe a little less comfortable than ES, but it’s hard to tell. Music is quieter, but the crowd is louder.

– I was a bit disappointed that there were no prices on the beer menu, the main menu stated that they were priced $5-10 IIRC. We were there during happy hour and whatever we had ended up being $4 each, not bad for a microbrew. The Mrs. Also had one of the $10 cocktail, which seemed to be a pretty good value.

– The menu might be tough for some folks, maybe a few more items than 101 Beer Kitchen, but still not a lot of choices.

– The food was really good, considering we got sandwiches. My wife. Who likes things really plain, got the burger and only had the tomato jam on the side. I got the turkey sandwich which ended up being a single huge cut of really good, moist turkey.
    Both sandwiches were really good, they came with hand cut chips on the side which were also really good. My chips were a bit too salty, but the ones my wife had were less salty (I had to test), overall the chips were good.

The limited menu might keep me from taking the family as my kids can be a pain, but I’ll be hitting them up frequently.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER