Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Easton Town Center future development

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Easton Town Center future development

This topic contains 23 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Walker Evans Walker Evans 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

I noticed in the Easton leasing brochure there are future plans for several new apartments buildings between the main shopping center and the new Easton Gateway. Also several new apartment buildings on the north side of the mall fronting Morse Road. Anyone have any idea when this next phase will start?

photo easton_zpsw4gdacrs.jpg

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Wow!! That’s a lot of apartments.

theadocj
    Participant

Wow that looks like a terrible place to live! At least at the Commons on the south side you have nice views of empty lots and it’s relatively quiet. Up there you’d have views of the third-world country Walmart and people cursing themselves as they try to leave Easton traffic.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Wow that looks like a terrible place to live!

You said it! And yet they will all sell for some reason.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Really?

I mean… I agree that an apartment facing Morse Road traffic wouldn’t really be ideal, but some of the other views would be totally fine. And with all of the shopping, dining and entertainment that Easton currently offers, the WalkScore of apartments there would be through the roof.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

It’s not quite urban living but you’re stuck between two huge congested commercial zones… but you’re out at Easton. I guess it’s going to work for The Yard but I still feel Easton is a whole different monster by being sandwiched between two “malls”, 270, and Morse road. Just not my cup of mixed use tea.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Its only a matter of time until the southeast parcel (Shrine center) is developed into retail/office as well.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>theadocj wrote:</div>

Really?

I mean… I agree that an apartment facing Morse Road traffic wouldn’t really be ideal, but some of the other views would be totally fine. And with all of the shopping, dining and entertainment that Easton currently offers, the WalkScore of apartments there would be through the roof.

Surprisingly the Easton Commons apartments across from Crate & Barrel only have WalkScore of 62, can’t imagine the new apartments’ location would be much better.
    http://walk.sc/1FcUrzq

lbl
    Participant

i had heard the Shrine parcels were planned for additional Hotel rooms with conference facilities.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Surprisingly the Easton Commons apartments across from Crate & Barrel only have WalkScore of 62, can’t imagine the new apartments’ location would be much better.

The Easton Commons apartments are south of everything. There’s nothing to walk to east, west or south.

Those new apartments look a little more centrally located between Easton Town Center and Easton Gateway.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Josh Miller wrote:</div>

The Easton Commons apartments are south of everything. There’s nothing to walk to east, west or south.

Those new apartments look a little more centrally located between Easton Town Center and Easton Gateway.

I adjusted the location and it actually went down.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Hrm. Color me surprised then.

sjbaldwin
    sjbaldwin
    Participant

Are the current apartments on the south side all rented/owned? Last I heard, they had a bunch that were vacant. Maybe 2-3 years ago.

Likes Old Houses
    Participant

It is like they just gave up on any more development and just said “fill it all in with apartments”.
    No thank you.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Residential is the one thing lacking over there. It’s more than I would have expected, granted this is just a rough rendering and who knows how much of that will actually be residential. I kind of envisioned the corner of Easton Way and Stetzer Road as prime office space. It’s better than more quasi-walkable strip malls though. The roads around these apts really should have bike lanes so that residents can get around a little easier. It wouldn’t take much at all to do that.

Overall, I think it fills in nicely, as far as suburban shopping centers go.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: