Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Easton - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Easton – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 108 total)
  • Author

surber17
    Participant

Excellent move …. One thing I really like about the future of Easton is they are encorporating more columbus based stores and as a tourist I would like to buy from places that I can’t get at every other mall

mrpoppinzs

surber17 said:
    Excellent move …. One thing I really like about the future of Easton is they are encorporating more columbus based stores and as a tourist I would like to buy from places that I can’t get at every other mall

+1 Easton has its act together and is a regional draw. I know quite a few people who come from Cincinnati and Dayton just to shop there as Easton has some high end stores not readily found in other locations. I am very glad they are adding more local stores.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

I am very pleased with the direction Easton is going with their stores. Its seems they are trying to go in a different direction than a typical mall.

As its been proved by almost every mall in the history of their existence, they are not sustainable developments in the long term. If Easton went the direction of incorporating housing into the town center, they are one step closer to being an actual neighborhood. They have many of the elements in place like Trader Joe’s ect. Add some public amenities, housing, and a light rail connection and it could last more than a typical 20-30 year life span of a mall.

News
    Participant

New Stores and Expansion Planned for Easton Town Center in 2013
    Published on March 8, 2013 2:00 pm
    By: Melanie McIntyre

Easton’s growth continues with the addition of six new stores, the family-friendly Fenlon Square, and a nearby development that will add more than a half million square feet of retail space.

In February, lifestyle brand Kate Spade opened a 2,200-square-foot store across from the Apple store at Easton Town Center, which will welcome several other well-known retailers this spring.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/new-stores-and-expansion-planned-for-easton-town-center-in-2013-mm1

surber17
    Participant

I love the people biking in the picture ….. maybe one day.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bike at Easton, ever. How would they get there? Coming off of 270?

wpcc88
    Participant

Walker said:
    Yeah, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bike at Easton, ever. How would they get there? Coming off of 270?

live life on the wild side, bike down 5th and take Stelzer over.. or even better take Morse if you’re coming from Clintonville

buckette13

Walker said:

I had heard that they will eventually connect it to the Alum Creek bike path which goes all the way south to Groveport. It is currently broken in places but part of it connects to Easton Way now. It will eventually be really easy to bike from places like Franklin Park.

http://www.centralohiogreenways.com/index.php/site/full_trail/15

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Walker said:

I did it once. COTA up and the service roads/sidewalk on morse back to to High and the bike path.

susank

buckette13 said:
    I had heard that they will eventually connect it to the Alum Creek bike path which goes all the way south to Groveport. It is currently broken in places but part of it connects to Easton Way now. It will eventually be really easy to bike from places like Franklin Park.

http://www.centralohiogreenways.com/index.php/site/full_trail/15

That is actually really cool.

Patch
    Participant

surber17 said:
    I love the people biking in the picture ….. maybe one day.

Does the mom have an armband tattoo?

billbix

Patch said:
    Does the mom have an armband tattoo?

I also think I see a sign for a gluten free cupcake shop…OMG, Easton is the new Hipsturbia.

AmandaShannon
    Participant

I think the bike thing is great, but I’m not sure it is realistic. Even if there’s a way to get there via a bike path, the heavy weekend traffic would make it pretty unsafe to even bike around the Easton area from store to store. People are looking at stores, drinking starbucks, yelling at their kids, trying to navigate around the area and I would be wary being on a bike. Of course this is not just at Easton but in Columbus in general. I’ve certainly been almost run over on my bike many times so I think biking in a heavy traffic area with distracted shoppers in SUVs could be difficult. Not to turn this into a biker safety thread of course! But who knows, maybe Easton will figure out a way to do it and make it bike friendly.

Patch
    Participant

SE Corner of Morse and Stelzer were clear cut over the weekend.

Looks like someone is getting serious.

News
    Participant

C. Wonder coming to the Midwest via Easton Town Center
    Published on March 22, 2013 11:15 am
    By: Melanie McIntyre

Preppy womenswear brand C. Wonder will open its first store in the Midwest at Easton Town Center in June. The 3,000-square-foot store will carry women’s clothing, footwear, jewelry and accessories, housewares and home décor, and personal electronics.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/c-wonder-coming-to-the-midwest-via-easton-town-center-mm1

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 108 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION