Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Eastmoor/Bexley News

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Eastmoor/Bexley News

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Just a couple of bits of news I have been hearing and seeing on the Eastside.

Existing: Bargain Beetles at 2946 E Main is worth browsing if you like thrifting. This is a nice place with some quality stuff at thrift store prices. The owner goes to estate sales and sells the goods in this little store. It is also worth checking out just to poke around the old structure attached to the building. I still cannot identify when it was built or what it was used for.

C’est Si Bon Cafe at 2258 E Main is open and is a nice crepe cafe that recently opened.

Built: I hear Tasi Cafe at 2376 E Main is opening in February (the 14th from what I hear).

Planned: The old Super Duper at 923 S James Rd will be turned into a “higher end” Save-A-Lot that will have perishable foods (full service Deli,etc.) and they will take credit and checks.

Broad and James Towing is being bought by Speedway. While this isn’t something I will frequent very often it is better than what is there now. The vacant pawn shop will be torn down as part as this plan from what I understand. They changed their initial plans to be a little more neighborhood friendly and sought input from the community on the design.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Condos proposed for Bexley Cup o’ Joe site

The Bexley Planning Commission has conditionally approved a plan for a four-story retail and condominium complex on the site of the Cup o’ Joe cafe at East Main Street and Cassady Avenue.

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2014/05/21/condos-proposed-for-bexley-cup-o-joe-site.html

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Wow, “downsizing” to a 5,800 sqft condo doesn’t sound too shabby!

That seems like a whole lot of building in comparison to what is there now. It certainly will add a feeling of density to that area though. Too bad they couldn’t build upon the building already there, it looks to be in good shape considering its age.

FireEngine
    Participant

I hope Cup O’ Joe can find a temporary location during construction, or some of my coworkers may die from caffeine withdrawal.

News
    Participant

Four-Story Mixed-Use Building Proposed for Cup O’ Joe Site in Bexley
    May 26, 2014 8:00 am – Brent Warren

A plan to demolish the two-story building that houses Cup O’ Joe in Bexley and replace it with a four-story condo and retail building has been conditionally approved by the Bexley Planning Commission. The proposed development is unusual in that it is adding height while decreasing the number of residential units; the existing building houses four apartments, while the proposed one would contain three full-floor condos, each about 5,800 square feet in size.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/four-story-mixed-use-building-proposed-for-cup-o-joe-site-in-bexley-bw1

Geno99
    Participant

I feel badly for the current residents. I always liked that building and always wondered what the apartments went for. Somehow, I don’t think I can afford one of the new units…

It’s a really neat old building, except for the parking lot in front. The style of windows on the older building is much nicer than the new one and really has a feel that fits the area. The window fronts on the new building just aren’t as nice. I am glad that they left room for patio seating.

Here is a Google Photo:

Cup O Joe Bexley

News
    Participant

Some Bexley Residents Appealing Proposed Condominium Development
    By Jennifer Jarrell
    Tuesday June 24, 2014 4:11 PM

BEXLEY, Ohio – A battle is brewing in Bexley over a proposed condominium complex. The Gramercy development would go at the northwest corner of the intersection of East Main Street and Cassady Avenue, but some residents who live near the site are appealing the decision.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2014/06/24/bexley-condo-complex-controversy.html

News
    Participant

Jul 1, 2014, 1:51pm EDT
    Developers get go-ahead for Gramercy condos in Bexley
    Evan Weese
    Staff reporter – Columbus Business First

Developers are moving ahead with plans for a four-story condominium and retail complex on the site of Bexley’s Cup o’ Joe.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2014/07/01/developers-get-go-ahead-for-gramercy-condos-in.html

lattethunder
    Participant

Is there an active Eastmoor neighborhood group? Also, does anyone know what Area Commission Eastmoor falls in? The City’s map isn’t very helpful.

I apologize with the semi off topic comment, there aren’t a lot of eastmoor threads and this didn’t seem to warrant its own!

News
    Participant

Cup o’ Joe in Bexley closing to make way for condos
    Sep 11, 2014, 2:05pm EDT
    Brian R. Ball
    Staff reporter – Columbus Business First

The Cup o’ Joe in Bexley is closing as developers prepare to start on the Gramercy condominium and retail project at the corner at East Main Street and Cassady Avenue. “Sunday the 14th is the last day,” store manager Brittany VonStein told me, confirming a notice posted at the cafe at 2418 E. Main St.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2014/09/11/cup-o-joe-in-bexley-closing-to-make-way-for-condos.html

Eastmoor actually has three neighborhood groups depending on where you live. There is the North Eastmoor Blockwatch and Civic Association, The Eastmoor Blockwatch & Civic Association, and the South Eastmoor Blockwatch. They all have a web presence of some kind. We all get together with other neighborhoods on the east side under the organization of the Mideast Area Community Collaborative (boundary map attached). City reps are at all of our meetings so we engage with them frequently. Variances, etc. have to go through us first in areas where we have set up commercial overlays. The big topic right now is the James Rd widening project that is supposed to take land and trees from property owners of the east side of James. PM me if you need any more information.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

News
    Participant

Pablo
    Participant

Construction is well underway:

Untitled

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: