Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Eastland Mall

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Eastland Mall

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Heathercat42
    Heathercat42
    Participant

Some time during the day of Friday, August 1, the Glimcher logo and link were taken off the Eastland Mall website. The mall is also no longer listed among Glimcher’s properties on the Glimcher website.

So who now owns and manages the mall?

According to this article in June, if the mortgage company didn’t like the terms/bid by the end of July, Glimcher was off the hook.
    Sounds like that’s what happened, and now Corelogic Commercial / LNR Partners is the owner.

ExEastsider
    Participant

Thanks. I do not see “Corelogic Commercial” mentioned in the Dispatch article that you linked; do you have another source for that?

What experience do these two companies have in turning around declining shopping malls?

Heathercat42
    Heathercat42
    Participant

ExEastsider, I don’t know exactly what their business might be with one another. I DO know that Corelogic is listed as where the tax bills get sent to for that land parcel.
    It’s public access on the Franklin County Auditor website…which typically updates changes within a month or so after something’s filed.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Dispatch reported yesterday that Glimcher has walked away from the lease there. Yeesh.

pez
    Participant

Thanks. I do not see “Corelogic Commercial” mentioned in the Dispatch article that you linked; do you have another source for that?

What experience do these two companies have in turning around declining shopping malls?

Corelogic is a company that manages tax payments for commercial properties. They don’t have any hand in running the mall. Looks like they have retained a company out of Texas for day to day management of the mall.

News
    Participant

Eastland Mall heading back to the auction block
    Feb 23, 2015, 6:02pm EST
    Brian R. Ball
    Staff reporter – Columbus Business First

The lender who took the keys of Eastland Mall last summer has put the property back on the market. The South Hamilton Road retail fixture is being marketed on the Central Ohio Commercial Information Exchange and through Auction.com, where a final live auction will take place March 24-26.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2015/02/eastland-mall-heading-back-to-the-auction-block.html

News
    Participant

J.C. Penney Set To Close At Troubled Eastland Mall
    By DEBBIE HOLMES • APR 22, 2015

After years of turmoil, Eastland Mall remains open, but it’s under new ownership after it was auctioned last month. And the mall’s future looks bleak as one of its anchor stores prepares to close.

READ MORE: http://radio.wosu.org/post/jc-penney-set-close-troubled-eastland-mall

ExEastsider
    Participant

Who bought the mall at the March auction? I can’t find any followup news articles on that subject, and the WOSU article doesn’t identify the new owners.

News
    Participant

Eastland Mall Sells For $9.7 Million
    Wednesday May 20, 2015 5:57 AM

COLUMBUS, Ohio – A mall in southeast Columbus has finally been sold after being on the market since last year. The Columbus Dispatch reports that Eastland Mall, located near Refugee Road and I-270, has been sold for $9.7 million to Eastland Mall Holding.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/05/20/columbus-eastland-mall-sold-for-nine-million.html

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: