Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The 'I Killed A Man' Drunk Driving Confession Video

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The 'I Killed A Man' Drunk Driving Confession Video

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

OK, NOW you can have a huge problem with the fucking guy.

http://www.nbc4i.com/story/23404925/accused-drunk-driver-who-confessed-in-video-pleads-not-guilty

Basically, he pleads “not guilty” today to switch to a judge who will give him a lighter sentence next week.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Wtf????

Rockmastermike
    Participant

yeah this whole thing has been posturing to get better treatment by looking remorseful.

I’ve suspected that all along, but now here’s proof.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Rockmastermike said:
    yeah this whole thing has been posturing to get better treatment by looking remorseful.

I’ve suspected that all along, but now here’s proof.

I very rarely give human beings the benefit of the doubt, but was here…this definitely blows that right up though.

BTW, didn’t put two and two together before, but this appears to be the Cord Camera Cordles.

RedStorm
    Participant

His BAC was 0.19 for those that asked.

catnfiddle
    Participant

The not-guilty plea was beyond hypocritical and I applauded the judge for raising her voice without losing her temper.

catnfiddle
    Participant

He finally pleaded guilty today. Was the judge assigned to his case any more lenient than the one he got initially? http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/09/18/223718737/i-killed-a-man-video-confessor-pleads-guilty?ft=1&f=103943429&utm_campaign=nprnews&utm_source=npr&utm_medium=twitter

Mister Shifter
    Participant

catnfiddle said:
    He finally pleaded guilty today. Was the judge assigned to his case any more lenient than the one he got initially? http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/09/18/223718737/i-killed-a-man-video-confessor-pleads-guilty?ft=1&f=103943429&utm_campaign=nprnews&utm_source=npr&utm_medium=twitter

The original Judge, Lynch, is the most unforgiving there is.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    The original Judge, Lynch, is the most unforgiving there is.

I doubt he’ll do any better with Judge Fais after all the bullshit than he would have with Judge Lynch if he had sucked it up and maintained a level of remorse consistent with his original video confession. At this point the whole thing looks like a publicity stunt and false contrition, which I doubt is going to play well in any court.

budser1228
    Participant

He knew (or his lawyers informed him) that Judge Lynch would probably give him the maximum, so he tried to get another judge by gaming the system with a not guilty plea which meant that he could have gotten assigned Judge Lynch again or any of the other judges on the bench. We won’t know if his gaming the system worked until he is sentenced.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    The original Judge, Lynch, is the most unforgiving there is.*

*Depending on who you know and how much money you have.

roy
    Participant

His lawyers are amateur hour, anyone can look at the 4D/4C arraignment court rotating duty roster to check judge assignments, they could and should have known well in advance who would be on the arraignment bench, not get caught unawares and make an even bigger fool of their client, not to mention themselves.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

roy said:… not get caught unawares and make an even bigger fool of their client, not to mention themselves.

too late for that now. (lolz)

News
    Participant

Video Confessor Hopes To Get Reduced Sentence
    Thursday October 17, 2013 4:09 PM

COLUMBUS, Ohio – Attorneys are seeking a reduced sentence for an Ohio man who confessed in an online video to causing a fatal wrong-way crash after a night of drinking. The defense says a fair sentence for Matthew Cordle is imperative to send a message about the value of taking responsibility for causing a tragedy.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/10/17/columbus-video-confessor-matthew-cordle-court-sentencing-latest.html

News
    Participant

Prosecutor seeks maximum for Ohio DUI confessor
    Published: October 18, 2013 Updated 7 hours ago
    By ANDREW WELSH-HUGGINS — AP Legal Affairs Writer

COLUMBUS, OHIO — Tough sentences for people convicted of causing fatal car wrecks while drunk are the norm in Ohio’s second-largest county, according to a prosecutor pushing for the maximum in the case of a man who made an online confession to causing one such crash.

READ MORE: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2013/10/18/2749901/prosecutor-seeks-maximum-for-ohio.html

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION