Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The 'I Killed A Man' Drunk Driving Confession Video

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The 'I Killed A Man' Drunk Driving Confession Video

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Chris Sherman said:
    Atrocious.. The video is a slap in the face. Narcissistic and pathetic. How many takes did it take to make this confession?

Totally disagree. Powerful message from a guy accepting responsibility for his actions before he was even charged and a video designed to show the impact of drunk driving so others don’t do it.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

Well we can agree to disagree;) the production value alone makes it completely inappropriate. Gross

lattethunder
    Participant

Chris Sherman said:
    Well we can agree to disagree;) the production value alone makes it completely inappropriate. Gross

+1

Seems to me like he was just trying to get a little notoriety out of his crime. I’d give him props if he had confessed to what he did 3 months ago went it happened and not after the police looked at him as a suspect.

drakend
    Participant

lattethunder said:
    +1

Seems to me like he was just trying to get a little notoriety out of his crime. I’d give him props if he had confessed to what he did 3 months ago went it happened and not after the police looked at him as a suspect.

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure he’s been a ‘suspect’ all along. They had his BAC (.19), which tells me they had him in custody. My understand is he lawyered up (obviously), his old lawyers were the ones that told him to lie and tried to get him off. He switched lawyers to the ones he is with now. Again, I could be wrong about the exact details though.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

He wasn’t in custody, but they took his BAC at the hospital the night of the accident, so yeah…wasn’t a mystery. Problem is, a warrantless/without consent blood test can be thrown out of court depending on circumstances (which is why he probably hadn’t been charged till after the confession).

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

This should be handled in court with his attorney. Confessions shouldn’t be broadcasted on YouTube. He knows what he’s doing and it just makes me sick. I would have had far more respect for his “courage” if this was handled in the more normal or “traditional” way (confessing at the police headquarters) but you cant make YouTube videos sitting in the county jail awaiting trial after you already confessed. I guess at that point the video would have been pointless except for the PSA factor.

howatzer
    Participant

If he get’s anything less than a typical sentence, I foresee a whole cottage industry in high-quality confession videos springing up – maybe set up some production studios near the courthouse, next to the bail bondsmen places. We could even adjust sentencing standards based on number of views and likes.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Doesn’t sound like he’s going to, and in fact he asked for a faster hearing specifically to plead guilty and accept sentencing. The judge is indicating she’s not hitting him with the maximum (which wouldn’t be typical) but not going particularly light either.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Coy said:
    Was just downtown and am assuming that CNN is posted up outside the courthouse for this… looked like they were about to go on the air shortly.

Coupled with the futbol paparazzi at The Westin (where the Mexico players are staying) just down the street, that stretch of South High was buzzing with cameras today.

wpcc88
    Participant

Chris Sherman said:
    This should be handled in court with his attorney. Confessions shouldn’t be broadcasted on YouTube. He knows what he’s doing and it just makes me sick. I would have had far more respect for his “courage” if this was handled in the more normal or “traditional” way (confessing at the police headquarters) but you cant make YouTube videos sitting in the county jail awaiting trial after you already confessed. I guess at that point the video would have been pointless except for the PSA factor.

that was the problem in the first place.. his attorneys wanted him to plead not guilty and he didn’t want to

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

I’m sure his attorneys know best, this could have been a plea deal. Again he didn’t have the balls to confess directly to authorities and instead made a video and first posted it on YouTube. He didn’t have the balls to tell his attorneys no? That’s his problem.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Chris Sherman said:
    I’m sure his attorneys know best, this could have been a plea deal. Again he didn’t have the balls to confess directly to authorities and instead made a video and first posted it on YouTube. He didn’t have the balls to tell his attorneys no? That’s his problem.

He did tell his attorneys no, he fired them. There is no plea deal either, that was made clear by the judge yesterday.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

This could have been handled differently. All he had to do was confess to authorities, the video was uneccassary.

Taz Devil
    Participant

I was sitting with my neighbors out back and we heard the wreck and saw the aftermath. We live right By I-670 and I have never seen anything like it. I don’t think this confession is going to help him if anyone actually looks at the photos of the damage he caused. I agree, it seems like a confession with product placement. Commit the crime and do the time – still doesn’t help the victims. I mean, those on and off ramps are clearly marked. How f*cked up was he?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Chris Sherman said:
    This could have been handled differently. All he had to do was confess to authorities, the video was uneccassary.

It does feel like a PR move to me. He’ll serve his time, but he’ll get some fame in the process.

If there’s no book deal or movie deal (or at least a made-for-tv movie deal) coming out of this, I’d be shocked.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 57 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION