Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The 'I Killed A Man' Drunk Driving Confession Video

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion The 'I Killed A Man' Drunk Driving Confession Video

• This topic has 56 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by News.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Coy
    Participant
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Video:

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Is it just me, or does the high production quality of the video seem a bit… odd? Did he hire a professional to shoot this? How much time was spent editing and selecting the right background music?

Hrm…

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

NM… The Dispatch article explains that the person behind http://www.becauseisaidiwould.com was the one who shot it.

So the confession is also sort of an advertisement for that site I guess? Kind of weird…

Mister Shifter
    Participant

If it helps persuade others in the future to do the right thing, I’m cool with that.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    If it helps persuade others in the future to do the right thing, I’m cool with that.

True the people whom this video will most impact won’t question the ulterior motives.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Really though, from what I’ve seen of that site, I’m pretty ok with their motives anyway. Seems like they’re doing some pretty awesome stuff.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Mister Shifter said:

True. I guess I just wasn’t expecting such a well produced/manufactured video.

Coy
    Participant

Yeah, I was pretty skeptical when I first saw it, too… little too well produced, a little manipulative.

From the comments I’ve been reading online, a lot of people are questioning the motives, too.

Maybe the video will help someone, maybe it will also help reduce jail time for a guy who was essentially screwed anyway…

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Coy said:
    Yeah, I was pretty skeptical when I first saw it, too… little too well produced, a little manipulative.

From the comments I’ve been reading online, a lot of people are questioning the motives, too.

Maybe the video will help someone, maybe it will also help reduce jail time for a guy who was essentially screwed anyway…

You can question motives all you want, but there isn’t a defense attorney on the planet who would advise making a video confession to a crime you haven’t even been charged with yet. This is a kid from a fair amount of money who I believe (per Google Search) is either now in or previously served in the US Army and most likely could have mounted a pretty successful defense. A warrantless/non-consent blood test isn’t that hard to get thrown out, and a good lawyer could probably keep him out of a felony at the least.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Coremodels said:
    …a good lawyer could probably keep him out of a felony at the least.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

News
    Participant

Man Explains Mission Of Website Used For Crash Confession
    Monday September 9, 2013 10:24 PM

Cordle made his confession on a website called “Because I Said I Would.” The video grabbed worldwide attention. The founder of that website, a Powell resident, said he was surprised when Cordle reached out to him.

“He just sent me a Facebook message and I was just kind of stopped in my tracks,” creator Alex Sheen said.

READ MORE: http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2013/09/09/Powell-man-explains-mission-of-promise-website.html

Coy
    Participant

Was just downtown and am assuming that CNN is posted up outside the courthouse for this… looked like they were about to go on the air shortly.

Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

Atrocious.. The video is a slap in the face. Narcissistic and pathetic. How many takes did it take to make this confession?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION