Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Driving range

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

cab124

I was just wondering if anyone might have any suggestions for a driving range that is close to Downtown. I am playing in a scramble this weekend and I need to get out and hit some balls beforehand.

Is there any place close by??

Thanks!

Angel

http://fourseasonsgolfcenter.com/

i’ve been here, its nice.

cab124

Yes, that looks like an option. I was hoping there might be something even closer to the city though. Thanks!

Angel

that was the closest i could find last summer.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Cab, get outta my brain!! Lately though it seems I’ve wanted this more for the stress relief than the practice :)

I was googling earlier this morning and am still so stupidly unfamiliar with the ‘burbs I don’t know what would be good or not good so I’ll probably have to check them out in person. Closest to downtown seems to be the range on OSU’s courses, but I’m not going to summer school so I’ll have to find some where else. Bummer.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Phoenix Golf Links[/url]?

cab124

somertimeoh wrote Cab, get outta my brain!! Lately though it seems I’ve wanted this more for the stress relief than the practice :)

I was googling earlier this morning and am still so stupidly unfamiliar with the ‘burbs I don’t know what would be good or not good so I’ll probably have to check them out in person. Closest to downtown seems to be the range on OSU’s courses, but I’m not going to summer school so I’ll have to find some where else. Bummer.

Seriously, Somer….you have been thinking the same thing??

I am getting the feeling that there really isn’t anything close to Downtown. Phoenix looks cool, but they don’t have a driving range.

This makes the idea of a golf facility on the Whitier Peninsula sound all the better!! Wasn’t there talk of that?

Looks like I will have to drive out Broad St.

Anonymous
    Inactive

There is a diving range on Agler, fairly close to downtown, right near Agler and Sunbury.

blammo
    Participant

there’s one south of columbus at 71 & 665. it probably seems like an eternity away but it’s only about 15 minutes to get there. i’m down with whacking some drives sometime.

i’ve been to one in hilliard, not too far outside of downtown. it was near cemetery and davidson, but i can’t remember the name because it was a few years ago that i was there.

this is all i could find in that area, so it must be what i’m thinking of:

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=38772844&lsrc=results&p=Golf+Driving+Ranges&csz=Hilliard%2C+OH+43026&fr=&lcscb=9Et8FRjcFSN

anyway, a housing development is to the back of the driving range, and despite the high fences in place, i think it’s possible to hit some houses if you’ve got a good drive.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I know it isn’t close, but I spent lots of evenings last spring and summer at the range in Dublin near 33 and Bethel. I’d hit a bucket of balls then retire to the Digger and Finch patio for some beerz. Good combo if you ask me.

cab124

metamyelocyte wrote i’ve been to one in hilliard, not too far outside of downtown. it was near cemetery and davidson, but i can’t remember the name because it was a few years ago that i was there.

this is all i could find in that area, so it must be what i’m thinking of:

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=38772844&lsrc=results&p=Golf+Driving+Ranges&csz=Hilliard%2C+OH+43026&fr=&lcscb=9Et8FRjcFSN

anyway, a housing development is to the back of the driving range, and despite the high fences in place, i think it’s possible to hit some houses if you’ve got a good drive.

Wow….that is way out there. I know I would be more likely to get out and hit more if there was a place closer in.

cab124

blammo wrote there’s one south of columbus at 71 & 665. it probably seems like an eternity away but it’s only about 15 minutes to get there. i’m down with whacking some drives sometime.

You would be up for hitting a bucket sometime? Are you a decent golfer?

I am not very good, but I still enjoy getting out there and hitting some balls.

Maybe we can get a small CU contingent to hit the driving range, or even the links, sometime.

dru
    Participant

i plan to break out my clubs for the season on Friday morning. by Friday afternoon I plan to be discouraged from ever doing so again.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I’d go hit with you cab. I’m pretty bad most days, but I really have fun. If nothing else, your thread has reminded me that I need to retrieve my clubs from the basement of my former apartment…

oops.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.