Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Downtown needs a real 24 hour diner

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Downtown needs a real 24 hour diner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Mike Hansen
    Participant

The best Greek diner in downtown is Albanian. The Warehouse Cafe http://warehousecafe1.com/WarehouseCafe1/Warehouse_Cafe.html

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I exclusively eat at Albanian Greek diners.

BreakfastwithNick
    BreakfastwithNick
    Participant

MHJ said:
    Too bad the Tim Horton’s at Broad and High closes at like 5:30. LOL.

I’d suggest that it’s about time for Buckeye Donuts to add a location midway between their campus and South High locations. 24-hour donuts, coffee, breakfast, and gyros. That’s a WIN. I agree it would fit well on Fourth Street, but it could also work in the block of High just south of the Lazarus Building.

Agreed with Walker. +1 to that. Jimmy at Buckeye Donuts has mentioned expanding. I’ll mention that he should look at downtown!

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Walker said:
    Why?

Never been to Waffle House at 3AM?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

michaelcoyote said:
    Never been to Waffle House at 3AM?

More times than I’d like to admit. And I’ve rarely seen any problems that would warrant an armed security guard.

mrmann

Walker said:
    More times than I’d like to admit. And I’ve rarely seen any problems that would warrant an armed security guard.

Yeah, the incidents I have seen usually just require a bucket and a mop. I wouldn’t want to live next to a waffle house though.

BreakfastwithNick
    BreakfastwithNick
    Participant

Walker said:

Fitzy’s on Schrock Road in Worthington is open 24/7. Mike regularly hires a security guard for weekend nights.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Olentangy Inn never had security back in the day and I was there pretty much 3 nights a week in the middle of the night, never saw any issues.

If Warehouse was open 24 hours, problem would be solved.

arletteland
    Participant

Goody Boy would have been a good place for a diner…

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: