Our City Online

Messageboard - Live Music Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Downtown Live Thursday Concert Series 2011

Home Forums Events Live Music Events Downtown Live Thursday Concert Series 2011

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This year, Downtown Live is relocating to Columbus Commons! Free music! Outdoors! Every Thursday! 5:30pm to 9:00pm!

Check out the music lineup below:

(First band at 5:30pm — Second at 7:30pm)

Thursday, June 02, 2011

G Finesse & the N.S.

Fabulous Johnson Brothers

Thursday, June 09, 2011

99 problems

Swagg

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Philip Fox

Green Light Go

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Feedback featuring Isis Yasmeen

LDNL

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Moonbats

Spikedrivers

Thursday, July 07, 2011

Town Monster

Andy Shaw Band

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Nick Tolford

Floorwalkers

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Phantods

Jared Mahone

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Alex White Band

Ark Band

Thursday, August 04, 2011

Crescent Fresh

Reaganomics

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Yumbambe

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mojoflo

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Wet Darlings

Karate Coyote

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Just updated the lineup with a few changes. ;)

99 Problems and Swagg with Park Street Fest starting the next day. That’ll be a lot of fun.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Bump! Tonight!

G Finesse & the N.S.
    Fabulous Johnson Brothers

patient_zero
    Participant

It’s going to be a hot HOT series this year with no trees for protection like there were in the Capital Square courtyard. I love this series, but I think the move to Columbus Commons was premature in an effort to promote the Commons with 15′ high poplars, or whatever they are. It’s comfortable today, but wait when August heat sets in. Goodale Park Music Series – trees. Heritage Music Series – trees. Downtown Live – no trees.
    Rant over.

Setting up for Downtown Live 2010. See all the TREES?

reelfreak
    Participant

The wife and I just had lunch at BDF grille and we were thinking the same thing. I remember how incredibly hot it was last year at the old location when the Menu’s played, and that was shaded. Evening sun setting in the west is going to make the Commons toasty.

Speaking of BDF Grille. They asked if our order was for here or to go. Can they charge dine in tax to eat at a city park? Maybe they can because they own the tables and chairs that are there?

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

reelfreak wrote >>
    The wife and I just had lunch at BDF grille and we were thinking the same thing. I remember how incredibly hot it was last year at the old location when the Menu’s played, and that was shaded. Evening sun setting in the west is going to make the Commons toasty.
    Speaking of BDF Grille. They asked if our order was for here or to go. Can they charge dine in tax to eat at a city park? Maybe they can because they own the tables and chairs that are there?

can’t answer the tax thing for sure, but I think it was a deciding factor whether they give you the red baskets or just put your food in a bag.

patient_zero
    Participant

OMG – were almost half way through the series already! I got out of work at 7:00 tonight and walked into the Commons to see Mike and his spacejunk crew playing kickball, then headed to the other side of the Commons to get a few beers and watch Floorwalkers. Despite being down a keyboardist, they rocked the crowd and put on a hell of a show.

It was great to see some familiar faces, with a good contingent from Franklinton!

Full set of pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157627073246013/

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Bump! Tonight!

Thursday, July 28, 2011
    Alex White Band
    Ark Band

patient_zero
    Participant

Mojoflo last week, the Wet Darlings and Karate Coyote tonight for the last performance of the season!

A few pics from Mojoflo: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157627393030687/

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The forum ‘Live Music Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns with a “Curated Take Home Box Experience”

CLICK HERE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER