Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Downtown Hilton Hotel - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Downtown Hilton Hotel – News & Updates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 160 total)
  • Author

jbcmh81
    Participant

lazyfish said:
    extreme winter conditions are so 1970, global warming baby! sure would be nice if we got some rain though.

Our second highest monthly snowfall total ever was in February 2010. 3 of the last 4 winters have been colder than normal and 2012-13 is also looking to be so.

joev
    Participant

When marketing to convention groups, a metric they tend to care about is rooms attached to the conference center. With the skywalk, the Hilton is “attached.” Without it, it is not attached.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

joev said:
    When marketing to convention groups, a metric they tend to care about is rooms attached to the conference center. With the skywalk, the Hilton is “attached.” Without it, it is not attached.

Plus who wants those salt and water stains on their suede shoes?

geoyui
    Participant

joev said:

Reminds me of the Hynes Convention center in Boston. The Hynes is connected to Copley Place Mall, which is connected to 3 hotels. So when booking a hotel room, I chose one of those 3 hotels (because it was “connected”), not knowing I chose the furthest one with a 20 minute walk through a mall and various skybridges to reach the convention center. But I was glad to take the skybridge/air conditioned walk toting all my convention gear everyday vs the 95+ degree weather outside.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

jbcmh81 said:
    Our second highest monthly snowfall total ever was in February 2010. 3 of the last 4 winters have been colder than normal and 2012-13 is also looking to be so.

Last year we had our first below zero temp in about five years. Average temps are revised each 5 years and they are steadily warming. 2010 was a high snowfall year but warming temps means more moisture in the air (in cities the heat island exacerbates this) and therefore more snow when a cold front does move through. 2010’s snowfall record maybe an exception or it could be another example or warming winter temps leading to move snowfall.

In the last 10 years our winters have been more zone 6 (0 F) or 7 (+5 F) than zone 5 (-10 F) where we actually used to reside.

rus
    rus
    Participant

lazyfish said:

In the last 10 years our winters have been more zone 6 (0 F) or 7 (+5 F) than zone 5 (-10 F) where we actually used to reside.

Praise Cthulhu for global warming.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

I got to take a quick tour of the Hilton yesterday and here are some of the shots. I am very afraid of heights so walking on the narrow walkway 12 stories up was a bit much for me.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Nice! Thanks for sharing the photos! :D

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

No problem! Its such a simple looking building from the outside but the interior tells a whole other story. I love the all glass nooks that the bulding has on the upper floors…you can see for miles!

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

New hotels in mid- to upper-level market
    By Steve Wartenberg

In the Short North. At Port Columbus. Near Ohio State University. All over town, new hotels are in the works or are under construction.

Hotel construction is up nationally, too, by 10.5 percent in June, compared with the previous year, according to STR Pipeline Report. Growth is happening here, but at a slower rate, according to a local expert.

READ MORE HERE.

Viewing 10 posts - 151 through 160 (of 160 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: