Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Downtown Hilton Hotel - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Downtown Hilton Hotel – News & Updates

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 160 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

First Look: The Hilton Downtown Columbus
    Published on November 12, 2012 7:00 am
    By: Walker

The new 532-room Hilton Columbus Downtown hotel officially opened on October 19th, and has seen a flurry of activity in its inaugural weeks since then. It hosted this year’s CMH Fashion Week event, was ground zero for the local Democratic watch party on election night, and even accommodated President Obama during one of his many Columbus visits prior to his re-election victory.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-look-the-hilton-downtown-columbus

News
    Participant

Gallerie Bar & Bistro Brings French Dining to Downtown Columbus
    Published on November 12, 2012 7:00 am
    By: Walker

It’s only been open for three weeks, but the Gallerie Bar & Bistro at the new Downtown Hilton Hotel can already claim something that few other local restaurant can: it has served the President of the United States.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/gallerie-bar-bistro-brings-french-dining-to-downtown-columbus

patient_zero
    Participant

Skywalk between the Hilton and the Convention Center was opened Sunday morning.

ntn
    ntn
    Participant

You had to have been there right about the same time I was there because the cleaning lady was in that exact same spot

patient_zero
    Participant

ntn said:
    You had to have been there right about the same time I was there because the cleaning lady was in that exact same spot

Thanks for mentioning this as I forgot to adjust my camera’s clock for DST. I took this at 2:04, and the skywalk was opened not long before that. Sorry I missed you, Nelson!

News
    Participant

Hilton Hotel Celebrates Grand Opening
    By: NADIA BASHIR | NBC4
    Published: November 17, 2012

The Hilton Hotel in downtown Columbus held its official grand opening tonight. The hotel is expected to boost small businesses in the Short North as well as the arts community.

READ MORE: http://www2.nbc4i.com/news/2012/nov/17/hilton-hotel-celebrates-grand-opening-ar-1244477/

News
    Participant

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

News Video.

That is some amazing music.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

If its a youtube video, can you post the link aswell?

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

CalebR said:
    If its a youtube video, can you post the link aswell?

zp945
    Participant

Listening to Coleman talk, my thoughts are…wow, we are talking about a sidewalk with lights one story off the ground right? I mean, beautiful? world class? architecturally significant? Hyperbole. It’s a bridge that connects a hotel to a convention center. Let’s just calm down.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

zp945 said:
    Listening to Coleman talk, my thoughts are…wow, we are talking about a sidewalk with lights one story off the ground right? I mean, beautiful? world class? architecturally significant? Hyperbole. It’s a bridge that connects a hotel to a convention center. Let’s just calm down.

yep, glad the skybridge will protect the Hilton folks from the rabble on High St. Skybridges are so 1970. I thought new urbanism was about folks walking the streets of town not being isolated from street life

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Would come in handy for those working conventions in extreme winter conditions.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

extreme winter conditions are so 1970, global warming baby! sure would be nice if we got some rain though.

surber17
    Participant

zp945 said:

First off I had no idea it was going to light up like this and I love it. Second, as far as sky walks go, I think this is an excellent design and as someone who hated the idea of a sky bridge at first, I am really pleased with how it turned out. Also, Mayor Coleman said exactly what we all have been saying on here “why do we need a sky bridge, we want people on the street” …. he gets it … but that said, when one of the main goals is to attract bigger and better conventions and the convention leaders say we need it, as a city leader, you should prob. listen to them.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 160 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: