Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Downtown BMV Closed

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Downtown BMV Closed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

BMV shutters Downtown office

Friday, June 24, 2011

BY LAUREN HEPLER

THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

The office will be closed today after being deemed one of the state’s least efficient branches. A licensing agency near New Boston in southeastern Ohio also will be shuttered after the weekend.

“The recommendation to close the 3rd Street agency was based on low-volume transactions,” said agency spokeswoman Lindsey Bohrer.

READ MORE: http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2011/06/24/bmv-shutters-downtown-office.html?sid=101

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

This used to be the closest BMV to my apartment, but I never used it. Instead, I’d drive to BMVs that were farther away but had free parking.

There’s just something about finding–then feeding–a parking meter so you can stand in line to pay for your impossible-to-park car’s registration that was too cyclical and ironic for me.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

I liked going there. Although you can do your tags online now, so it really wasn’t that often I had to go there.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

I was just there a few weeks ago. They had a lot of people using that location even at 3PM. I wonder how the decision was made to cut this location vs. others.

It is one of the easier locations to get to by bus (for me).

kit444
    Participant

I really liked using this location. It was the most hassle-free BMV. There was never a wait and I could get in and out in about 10 minutes.

lifeliberty
    Participant

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I loved this location. registrations i do through OPLATES, but I have to renew my license this year and was all keyed up on going here. the other place I used to go was alum creek, but that is no more I think as well. i think there is a strong correlation between places I go, and places that close…

Pablo
    Participant

kit444 wrote >>
    I really liked using this location. It was the most hassle-free BMV. There was never a wait and I could get in and out in about 10 minutes.

This was my experience as well. Maybe that’s why it closed, not enough people standing in line.

lifeliberty – stay away from the places I like.

cc

Though further out of the way, I always liked the Kenny Rd one better.

lifeliberty
    Participant

that’s where B goes. do you know if they have a title office nearby?

cc

lifeliberty wrote >>
    that’s where B goes. do you know if they have a title office nearby?

No sure, but here is a list:

http://bmv.ohio.gov/25.stm

BCNation
    Participant

I started going to the BMV at ODOT on West Broad Street a few years ago.

10 was just talking about how the homeless/economically disadvantaged used that location because it was the only one closest to them.

That is BS! This was the BEST BMV for downtown residents. Super fast and convenient! Very disappointed.

ZHC

Oh man This is Terrible!

That BMV was one of the very easiest to use I’ve ever seen and there is none close to downtown now! Everytime I went over there, the staff was professional and nice.

Had so many people come in today and ask us what was going on. This closing is probably going to be a hit to our area’s daytime foot traffic and major inconvenience for all downtown goers :(

Pretty sad stuff,I know they’ve tried to relocate elsewhere in downtown for years, but had various issues preventing them from doing so.

Unfortunately they did have a significant street visibilty problem over there, and I think that was probably did them in.

kessler
    Participant

As many have already said, (the fact that this was the most non efficient location is ridiculous, I’d buy it if they said least busy location. I’ve been going there since I first discovered it years ago. Every teller had been very efficent in every way possible. Not like all the other branches.
    Sorry for the rambling I have gone to this location for years and I’ve rarely had to wait longer than 8minutes. to be in and out. I actually walked there on my lunch hour from spring/high and was in and out in 6minutes.

So Sad,
    To any employees who might be reading this thread that worked there, you are the best. Please take your pleasant attitudes with you to the new fangled locations.
    oh and get off my Lawn!!!!!!
    ;-)

Take care and will miss you all.!!!

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

Perhaps they just needed to promote it more. I’ve used the location multiple times, and every time I mention it to someone, they seemed surprised to know there was a BMV there. This was really convenient for people working downtown as well, and the times I’ve needed walk in BMV services, I counted on this location to meet my needs on my lunch hour.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: