Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Downtown 2010 Plan Idea #9 - Field House

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Downtown 2010 Plan Idea #9 – Field House

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Just a quick photo of the site proposed for this idea.

Welcome to Downtown, visitors!

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Hah, I actually spent a lot of “quality time” in that parking lot when I went to CCAD.

And by that I mean that I’d walk around there at night contemplating existence and listening to the buzzing of the lights.

So yeah… a field house might be a better use ;)

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

I think about anything would be a better use.

jbcmh81
    Participant

So any further news on this actually moving forward at some point? I know some of the other ideas are in the planning stages now, but what about this? There hasn’t been any type of building on this site for at least 60 years. Looking at maps from the 1950s, it was part of a rail yard.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

jbcmh81 said:
    So any further news on this actually moving forward at some point?

Not that I’ve heard.

There was a pretty tangible impact from the 2 week long national Volleyball tournament in town recently though. Which makes me think that a full time space dedicated to hosting more of those types of events could work very well if the Sports Commission could keep it busy with that type of stuff.

News
    Participant

FROM HERE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/paul-astleford-discusses-the-future-of-hotels-conventions-and-the-columbus-brand/2

WE: Has there been any discussion beyond those initial brainstorming session as to whether or not this is a feasible project in the future?

PA: Well, the discussions certainly have continued and I like the way they’re continuing because unlike in the past where someone would say, “great idea, let’s just do that”, there is now more analysis as to what the right kind of expansion would generate the largest impact financially for the community. So there’s lots of other ideas floating out there that were built on that field house discussion. As these start to come together there will be a consensus as to what the next expansion would be.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/paul-astleford-discusses-the-future-of-hotels-conventions-and-the-columbus-brand/2

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE