Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Scioto Greenways Riverfront Redevelopment

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Scioto Greenways Riverfront Redevelopment

This topic contains 294 replies, has 88 voices, and was last updated by MichaelC MichaelC 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 286 through 295 (of 295 total)
  • Author
    King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

My work has a few ponds, they have a company with a dog or 2 come out pretty regularly to chase the geese away and it seems to work pretty well. I think the geese just ignore the fireworks and noise makers at this point. I always refer them as sky rats. I don’t hunt, but I’d gladly start on those worthless shitters.

Josh_W
    Josh_W
    Participant

Free Christmas geese for all the homeless!

wpcc88
    Participant

Free Christmas geese for all the homeless!

+10000… there are a ton of ways that we can feed those in need and for the peta folk you could even catch/kill them humanely

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

migratory birds are protected by international treaties, sadly our local population is so well fed they don’t even migrate anymore, AND there is no hunting w/in urban areas.

wpcc88
    Participant

migratory birds are protected by international treaties, sadly our local population is so well fed they don’t even migrate anymore, AND there is no hunting w/in urban areas.

It is actually legal to hunt them in the state of Ohio, obviously not in urban areas and I will have to check the regulations on trapping since that is rather unique when it comes to waterfowl.**Edited to say like with most everything they have their season.

Josh_W
    Josh_W
    Participant

Is running amok with a baseball bat considered “hunting”?

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Roller blades and a hockey stick.

ohbr
    Participant

Has anyone seen the COSI steps on lately? I drive by around 11 and either they are off by then or the just haven’t been on?

dalias
    dalias
    Participant

Has anyone seen the COSI steps on lately? I drive by around 11 and either they are off by then or the just haven’t been on?

I ran by around dusk on Saturday 4.23 and they were on.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I’ll check tonight and report back. In the meantime, I have been to the park 3 times in the past two weeks, and there has not been a drop of goose dung to step in. So whatever they’ve been doing, it would appear to be working unless I’m jogging through right after they’ve swept the crap up.

Viewing 10 posts - 286 through 295 (of 295 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Tour dozens of apartments, condos and homes on Sunday, May 5th during the sixth annual Urban Living Tour!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO