Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Scioto Greenways Riverfront Redevelopment

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development The Scioto Greenways Riverfront Redevelopment

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 295 total)
  • Author

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Columbus Mom Wants All Low-Head Dams Removed<br>

Sorry for people’s loss, but this really is a personal responsibility issue. Don’t want to get swept under near a dam? Stay out during high flow times, and heed the signs.

One thing though:

The Ohio Department of Natural Resources says it has grant money for the city buy navigational devices. It provided Columbus more than $2,000 to buy buoys to warn people about low-head dams.

However, none of the city’s dams have them. A spokesperson for the city confirmed the grant money was spent, but couldn’t say why they’re not at the dams

That’s worth looking into.

CyclingExplorer
    Participant

Columbus riverfront construction update for July 2015.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Whole bunch of new Riverfront photos from this weekend. ;)

mbeaumont
    Participant

Definitely starting to come together. This is going to be such a beautiful park when it’s all done.

WJT
    Participant

Now I can only think, how did we ever tolerate the bloated sewage pond for so many decades? This is a very good example of the city thinking of a big, good idea, and following though with it very well.

News
    Participant

Columbus Condemns Dam, Reclaims a City Center
    BY SANDY SMITH | AUGUST 14, 2015

Guy Worley, president of the Columbus Downtown Development Corporation, explained that the river reclamation project is a key part of a downtown revitalization plan his organization drafted in 2010.

READ MORE: https://nextcity.org/daily/entry/columbus-dam-project-city-center

SteveKZ087
    Participant
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Spotted someone fishing in the river yesterday afternoon, just south of the Main Street Bridge. Mother nature is returning! ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Couple of bonus photos from yesterday…

CyclingExplorer
    Participant

September update on riverfront construction in downtown Columbus Ohio.

substance
    Participant

Thx

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Hard to see but speaking of wildlife returning, I spotted a Great Blue Heron below the Broad Street Bridge.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Hard to see but speaking of wildlife returning, I spotted a Great Blue Heron below the Broad Street Bridge.

Nice! We just spotted one off of where 33 passes over the river, near the Penn West / Boat Ramp site.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

A ‘yak and canoe put-in going in under the Main St. bridge. It was an awfully big P.I.T.A to portage around the dam a few years ago and then have to navigate around the big boulders on the shore under the bridge with boat in tow, it should go without saying but what an improvement!

From the Scioto Greenways fbook page:
    kayak canoe boat put-in launch scioto downtown river

Your picture isn’t showing up for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 295 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: