Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Scioto Peninsula Development - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Scioto Peninsula Development – News & Updates

This topic contains 246 replies, has 71 voices, and was last updated by  WJT 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 247 total)
  • Author
    Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

I accidentally deleted this the first time, whoops, let’s try again

It was barely a mention during the Downtown Commission meeting earlier today but during the Vets presentation they mentioned plans for Broad St. to go on a diet in the memorial area, with the addition of bike lanes and a grassy median. Hopefully the impact will be dramatic enough to push through the plans for the rest of Broad through downtown and beyond.

http://www.archdaily.com/581344/allied-works-releases-design-for-ohio-veterans-memorial-and-museum-in-columbus/

I came across this the other day regarding the new Vets Memorial. I don’t recall seeing all of these renderings in past news stories.

surber17
    Participant

that looks amazing! Did you check out the park going next to it? Beautiful

jbcmh81
    Participant

I know it’s just architectural design license, but I like the tall look of the buildings behind it on the Peninsula. It gives an idea of what things might look like in the upcoming years and how it could become an extension of Downtown.

I generally do not like modern architectural designs, but I will say these renderings look pretty amazing. The aerials are particularly cool.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

stiggs99
    Participant

Does anyone have information on when the Scioto Peninsula will be finished?

I heard “late fall” but no specifics.

Thanks!

drtom1234
    Participant

I understand the ribbon cutting for the Scioto Mile is planned for November 10th. Now that the riverfront is complete, it would be nice to hear an announcement about the further development of the peninsula. Even an announcement regarding the planned underground garage would be nice. My expectations would be a Bridge Park like development, though hopefully with a little more height.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I understand the ribbon cutting for the Scioto Mile is planned for November 10th. Now that the riverfront is complete, it would be nice to hear an announcement about the further development of the peninsula. Even an announcement regarding the planned underground garage would be nice. My expectations would be a Bridge Park like development, though hopefully with a little more height.

I’m not sure there’s any development about which I’m more hopeful/excited/nervous than this one.

jbcmh81
    Participant

Would love to see a complimentary mini-Downtown so to speak, with several mid to high-rise mixed-use buildings, but I suspect it’ll be more like 3-6 stories. Regardless, I am definitely looking forward to some proposals popping up soon. It’s been very quiet in terms of proposals/discussion about the peninsula beyond Vets since the redevelopment plan was first announced. Considering all the activity across the tracks, I would’ve thought some things would’ve come up by now.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

We haven’t heard anything about Nationwide Realty’s plans for the old Graham Ford plot, and there haven’t been any updated plans on the development south of COSI along the riverfront–and certainly, nothing in between 315 and COSI.

Safe to assume there’s wheels in motion.

drtom1234
    Participant

I’d like to see a number of mixed use 8-10 story buildings, all with ground floor retail and all with a walkable street grid. Any parking structures should also have the ability to have ground floor retail space at least to built out at a later date if there is no immediate need for it.

I’m hopeful that the completion of the mile will be quickly followed by announcements of plans for the peninsula.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

hopefully the peninsula will stay a greenspace

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

hopefully the peninsula will stay a greenspace

It’s actually more of a grayspace with all the surface parking that’s there, and a couple of grass lots that are primarily used for goose poop storage and not much else.

If greenspace is what you’re looking for, you just got 33 acres of it installed right next door, which appears to be much better programed for recreational activity than the goose poop lawns. ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 247 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.