Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Double Comfort

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Double Comfort

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Double Comfort Replaces Knead Urban Diner
    July 21, 2014 11:37 am – Ayana Wilson

There’s a fried chicken revival happening in Columbus. With the recent opening of Hot Chicken Takeover, and the newly-revamped, chicken-heavy menu at Bodega, it seems fried chicken is the new menu item du jour. So, it’s only fitting that Double Comfort opened this summer. The 90-seat restaurant (70 seats inside, 20 on the patio) launched this past weekend at 505 North High Street, across from the Greater Columbus Convention Center, the former site of Knead Urban Diner.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/double-comfort-replaces-knead-urban-diner-aw1

News
    Participant

First Look: Double Comfort Restaurant
    July 25, 2014 7:40 am – Ayana Wilson

Double Comfort Restaurant, the social enterprise which donates a meal to a food pantry for every meal sold, opened quietly this past Saturday, July 19th, at 505 North High Street. The restaurant is the first for Mary Lyski and her husband, who took a fried chicken recipe supposedly handed down from an old riverboat captain, and turned it into the anchor of the new space.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-look-double-comfort-restaurant-aw1

drew
    Participant

I thought these guys made a great debut – tasty chicken with a great crust, delicious fritters, nice house-made condiments, and fun specials like the mac-n-cheese waffles (literally mac-n-cheese put in a waffle press). Service was good, too. Check ’em out.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I wonder if the chicken trend is caused in part by the high prices on pork and beef.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Going tonight

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

My wife and I went last Friday. The place was pretty empty, which I thought was odd because it was prime time, but whatever. We ordered:

fried chicken 3 piece dinner
    fried chicken po-boy
    collard greens
    mac and cheese
    red beans and rice
    bacon cornbread.

I’m happy to report all of it was delicious. The po-boy was a great deal also because it was under 10 bucks and massive.

Although I felt like you could roll me home after eating all that heavy food, we will be back.

JAL
    Participant

Agreed- I also thought it was very good and will go back. Nice to see something beyond the typical sandwich/burger places that seem to be popping up everywhere.

zp945
    Participant

I wanted to check this out already but based on the reviews here it will be happening ASAP. That spot has had some turnover, I hope they can make a go of it!

dru
    Participant

ate there on Saturday night. chicken was good, slaw was good, pickled veggies were a nice touch, the brussel sprouts were awesome, service was really friendly.

goldenidea
    Participant

Presently lunching here at DblC. The chicken po-boy is yummy and the Jackie-O Mystic Mama is nice & cold. What’s not to like? Great new High Street addition!

mbeaumont
    Participant

Food sounds great. I do hope they replace that tarp with a proper sign as soon as possible. :)

News
    Participant

Restaurant Review: Double Comfort
    August 27, 2014 7:10 am – Miriam Bowers

It’s impossible to talk about Double Comfort without first talking about its mission. The restaurant donates its proceeds to the local food pantries. Not just 10% of your purchase, or a one time, special donation: according to its website (and the proprietor’s sister, who was bussing tables) the cash it has after the expenses goes to help feed the needy. The Mid-Ohio Foodbank is the first recipient of Double Comfort’s good will.

So hating this place would be like hating Mother Theresa, or hating a choir performance by orphans.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/restaurant-review-double-comfort-ma1

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.