Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Donewaiting Going Print Only in 2013

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Donewaiting Going Print Only in 2013

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Donewaiting to End Digital Production, Becoming Print Only in 2013

Posted on December 19, 2012 by Robert Duffy

On February 15 and 16 at Ace of Cups in Columbus Ohio, Donewaiting will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary as a website. Wes Flexner is booking the 2/15 date and more information will come soon. On the 16th, we’ll be presenting EYE, Cheater Slicks, Miranda Sound, and a Sinkane DJ set featuring Ahmed and Jaytram. After that weekend, Donewaiting will cease digital publication and become a print-only entity, releasing one super sized issue some time in the summer. It’ll be called Donewaiting Quarterly and won’t come out on a quarterly basis. Sue me.

READ MORE: http://www.donewaiting.com/2012/12/19/donewaiting-to-end-digital-production-becoming-print-only-in-2013/

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Going from digital to print? That’s so retro it might just be the wave of the future.

jimbach
    Participant

ChrisSunami said:
    Going from digital to print? That’s so retro it might just be the wave of the future.

Fracking hipsters.

JonMyers
    Participant

Irony :)

Anonymous
    Inactive

I thought that their messageboard had more drunker posters than me. Look for a Donewaiting diaspora on CU.

drawrobot
    Participant

say whaaaaaaaaaa???? April Fool’s is a bit early. I’d like to fast forward to next year and skip Valentine’s Day too but c’mon. Seriously? Print??

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Yeah, man. print is WAY warmer and better than digital. oh wait that’s vinyl. nevermind.

susank

An old boyfriend clued me into to them. I guess it shows how fleeting the internet can be. Hopefully it will be a couple years before CU ‘goes to print’.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

0Angle said:
    Look for a Donewaiting diaspora on CU.

There’s always been quite a few people who posted on both.

groundrules
    Participant

susank said:
    An old boyfriend clued me into to them. I guess it shows how fleeting the internet can be. Hopefully it will be a couple years before CU ‘goes to print’.

fleeting? it’s ten years old. Internet years are like dog years. Just as a point of reference Rob started DW before MySpace, WordPress, Facebook, etc. It was practically another age.

Kudos to Walker & Anne for keeping this thing running, because websites, and certainly message boards, fall in and out of favor quite quickly. Stuff doesn’t stay cool for very long. For something to last that long on the internet is actually a bit of a feat.

I met groundrules because of the donewaiting message board.

I will forever be grateful/annoyed.

:P

420_69

As a graphic arts/printing professional, I find this refreshing.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION