Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Does Ohio Have the Best Year-Round Weather in the US?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Does Ohio Have the Best Year-Round Weather in the US?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author

Cookie

Walker wrote >>
    You two are free to complain about whatever you like.

Good, because now I’m complaining about the “do something about it” people.

Core_Models

JimL2 wrote >>

Core_Models wrote >> Columbus doesn’t have it worst.

So what city does have the worst weather?
    I say Tartarus.

Hoth.

HeySquare
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    To some people (and I’m plenty guilt of this as well) the weather is a conversational crutch and the things I hear people in Columbus casually and conversationally complaining about is trivial at best.

That isn’t actually about the weather though. It’s a need for a neutral yet universal topic of conversation– one that won’t offend anyone– combined with a sublimation of all the actually irritating stuff that people have repressed for fear of offending someone.

typical scenario: you complain about the slacker in your office to a friend, who repeats the story to one of his friends, who is engaged to the slacker’s sister. We have all experienced this phenomena. Thus, there is a generalized fear of complaining about truly irritating stuff. So all that irritation gets repressed, until the rain makes you 15 minutes late for work. at which point the repressed rage transforms into a tirade against the weather.

So just think… when you hear someone complain about the weather, you are likely allowing them to release their repressed rage, and thus preventing a violent rampage.

Your public service is much appreciated :)

Tenzo
    Participant

HeySquare wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    To some people (and I’m plenty guilt of this as well) the weather is a conversational crutch and the things I hear people in Columbus casually and conversationally complaining about is trivial at best.

It’s a need for a neutral yet universal topic of conversation– one that won’t offend anyone– combined with a sublimation of all the actually irritating stuff that people have repressed for fear of offending someone.

Your idea is intriguing.
    I’m not familiar with this concept.

I love Columbus, but:

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

It’s because of something you did.

:(

cr0m

drewtoothpaste wrote >>
    I love Columbus, but:

Ha! Nuff said. I hate the cold, but it’s not bad enough to chase me from the city. Could always be worse. However, the thought of curling up on a hot rock in Arizona sounds pretty good this time of year.

cyclist II
    Participant

April has had terrible weather!

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

My vote for best weather goes to Boulder, CO. I lived there for 11 months last year.

Winters – you get snow, but you also get plenty of 55 degree days with sunny blue skies and the snow all melts. Most of the winter is sunny blue skies even when it is 10 degrees out.

In August, it may get up to 100 degrees during the day, but there is no humidity, and at night, it will go down to 65 degrees, so you can sit outside and enjoy the evening with no humidity and maybe have to wear a sweatshirt. The entire summer I lived there, I never ran the air conditioner.

You are on the edge of the foothills to the Rocky Mountains, and 30 minutes from skiing. 3 hours from Vail, Breckenridge, and other towns that get dumped with snow.

sirlancelot
    Participant

Who are we kidding? Obviously, there are places with better or worse weather (try “summer” at the South Pole) but no matter what the weather, Columbus is allergy central.

maveric1
    Participant

sirlancelot wrote >>
    Who are we kidding? Obviously, there are places with better or worse weather (try “summer” at the South Pole) but no matter what the weather, Columbus is allergy central.

Yeah, no kidding! I never used to get allergies when I lived on the east coast but I get them every Spring, like clockwork. I’m dying right now since I forgot to take my pill this morning. I just wanna pick my eyeballs out and dip it in eye-drop solution.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Depends upon the type of pollen that flares your allergies, but I don’t think Central Ohio is any worse for that than many other states, cities or certain regions:

http://www.weather.com/maps/activity/allergies/ustreepollen_large.html

maveric1
    Participant

True. I just don’t know what type of pollen is making my allergy symptom flare up.

I can usually control it with some allergy meds and it’s gone in 4-6 weeks.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Lovely weather in Arizona yesterday:

I for one am glad that Ohio has no dust storms. ;)

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

That is terrifying!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE