Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Does Eric Clapton ACTUALLY Live in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Does Eric Clapton ACTUALLY Live in Columbus?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author

Senator Tankerbell
    Participant

I’ve always heard that. I know he also lives other places and I know he married a girl that went to high school with my wife, but does he really live here? Has anyone ever seen him out and about?

Jman4ever
    Participant

Senator Tankerbell said:
    I’ve always heard that. I know he also lives other places and I know he married a girl that went to high school with my wife, but does he really live here? Has anyone ever seen him out and about?

Being that he is worth north of 150 million (US) I would not be surprised if he owned a residence here.

Briana Henry
    Briana Henry
    Participant

I’ve heard some rumors about him living in German Village…but who knows for sure.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0710/12/lkl.01.html

CLAPTON: I live in — I have a house in England. I have a house in France, a house in Columbus, and a house in Antigua.

M.O.
    Participant

He has a place in the woods out in Jerome. That little burgh is now building several hundred houses and a maze of new streets to make sure fans get lost on their way to stalking him.

groundrules
    Participant

dude shows up for open mic at the treebar all the time.

arualpalm
    Participant

I wonder what name he and his wife own property under? I’m nosy. You know they are smart enough to not use Clapton or his wife’s maiden name.

That is pretty nice they have something in the area to visit his wife’s family. Tom would have never done that for Katie.

Graybeak
    Participant

i am sure there is some sort of holding company that owns the property.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

groundrules said:
    dude shows up for open mic at the treebar all the time.

Define “all the time.”

meltsintowonder
    Participant

He’s out and about frequently but I think he likes to stay away from too much attention while here with family. Your interest in where he lives is one reason why it’s not likely as public. =)

He apparently does. He’s been seen at the former Thirsty Ear for shows. I had a coworker who was a realtor who, through networking with people, had a copy of some neighborhood announcement from wherever up just north of Cbus he lives welcoming him to town.

RedStorm
    Participant

Senator Tankerbell said:

Watterson?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

When he and the now wife were dating, he was a GV regular. You’d see him just hanging out in front of Hausfrau or the laundry mat smoking. There was a photo on Facebook about a year ago too that a few friends took of him checking out a band at Woodland.

groundrules
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    Define “all the time.”

i mean enough so that Peppercorn has to use the hook on the guy. like jesus, clapton, people get fuckin’ bummed out when you play Tears In Heaven EVERY wednesday.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

Reading the rest of Mister Shifter’s transcript, I thought Clapton’s comments about Cbus were interesting –although King cut him off pretty quick.

CLAPTON: I live in — I have a house in England. I have a house in France, a house in Columbus, and a house in Antigua.

KING: Columbus seems so out of the way from those three. What it is like?

CLAPTON: It is great. It is great. Well, it is very much like England to me. It has the same sort of countryside, rolling hills, you know, small kind of civilized communities of people that all know one another. I mean, when first went there, it was just those sitcoms you see where people come in the kitchen unannounced, you know?

KING: How were you accepted in Columbus?

CLAPTON: Oh, just like one of the guys, really.

KING: Yes, not like some big shot?

CLAPTON: I drive my hot rod around. I got — I like hotrods too, you know? And I drive my hotrod around and everyone is —

KING: Eric, you are going to have a major hit with this book. Not so long between visits again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: