Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Does Cols 311 Website even work?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Does Cols 311 Website even work?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

In September of 2014, the Dispatch reported that thousands of calls to the city’s 311 call center had been ignored and that “Employees in some departments said they were told to just delete them.”
    See http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2014/09/08/311-calls-ignored.html

Yet people continued to adore Mayor Coleman’s administration and voters elected his chosen successor, Andy Ginther, mayor. You get what you vote for! It’s too late to complain now.

pez
    Participant

311 has been good for bulk trash pickup and code enforcement. Reporting anything in regards to streets, traffic or sidewalk issues is absolutely a waste of time. Seems to me that 311 is good for services that had their shit together, but for everyone else, it’s a non-starter. In regards to traffic issues, I’ve even sent multiple emails to the department heads with a cc: to council members and never received a response from anyone. Maybe our esteemed mayor and council should start holding themselves and the people who work for them accountable.

311 has been good for bulk trash pickup and code enforcement. Reporting anything in regards to streets, traffic or sidewalk issues is absolutely a waste of time. Seems to me that 311 is good for services that had their shit together, but for everyone else, it’s a non-starter. In regards to traffic issues, I’ve even sent multiple emails to the department heads with a cc: to council members and never received a response from anyone. Maybe our esteemed mayor and council should start holding themselves and the people who work for them accountable.

Why would they? They haven’t in the past but still get reelected. Rather than serving their constituents, they’re more interested in punishing quality incumbents who have the unmitigated audacity to think for themselves. And they have become addicted to the money generated from corrupt unethical practices. You get what you vote for! Stop rewarding their behaviors and they’ll have to stop it.

Ned23
    Participant

Update on the garbage at 3rd and 670. They removed some of it, including a couple of mattresses and some loose bags and debris. There is what looks like a homeless tarp structure remaining at the back edge of the right-of-way. So, the call worked, if in a round-about way.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: