Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Does Cols 311 Website even work?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Does Cols 311 Website even work?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Ned23
    Participant

I’ve had an account at the 311 website for Columbus for a while (opened when I downloaded app). Today I tried to report a large open dumping of trash at N. 3rd Street and I-670. However, my message was returned as “undeliverable”. Has anyone actually gotten this site to work?

For further background, I actually stopped into City Hall this morning on the way to work to ask where to report an open dump, and they told me to call 311, which I did, and the message on 311 didn’t have exactly what I wanted and said I could go to the website, so I did. I feel like I’ve been running around in circles.

jOHnH
    Participant

I use it all the time and actually report the same issue you did just the other day, the trash pile right by the 670 on ramp on summit/3rd?

They respond to all of my requests with in 2-3 days. Not always the out come I want, but they seem to respond to all requests made through the site.

Ned23
    Participant

Yes, that’s it. It looks like an entire heaping pick-up truck load of trash. I actually forwarded the message to the city’s website administrator, and right after I posted this I got an e-mail reply explaining that is ODOT’s territory and they instructed me to call an 800-number at ODOT. ODOT confirmed that’s their area and says they’ll schedule a crew out to look at it, hopefully later today.

Posole
    Participant

I use it all the time and actually report the same issue you did just the other day, the trash pile right by the 670 on ramp on summit/3rd?

I’ll bet you a beer and a brat that someone in the area paid a door-to-door solicitor $20 to haul the trash away and they’re about to get a $500 fine when the authorities trace it back to them.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I used it to request a tree be planted and it worked… unfortunately they gave me a time frame of three years for it to happen… Still no tree.

dalias
    dalias
    Participant

I had just assumed that was a homeless camp structure.

*edit – I use 311 to call in a lot of issues related to trash and abandoned properties and usually get a decent response. I almost always call vs using the web site though.

Ned23
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>jOHnH wrote:</div>

I had just assumed that was a homeless camp structure.

*edit – I use 311 to call in a lot of issues related to trash and abandoned properties and usually get a decent response. I almost always call vs using the web site though.

I thought about that but it didn’t seem that organized. It looked more the trash you get when someone abandons an apartment. Matresses, garbage bag, broom, misc stuff etc.

jOHnH
    Participant

Yep, the response times are pretty bad. 311 responds to the requests in a reasonable time frame, so they can give bogus stats that,”311 requests are closed out in 3-4 business days.”, but in reality it takes them 6months to actually handle the real reason a request was submitted.

jOHnH
    Participant

Interesting, I have submitted a couple requests about a homeless camp that runs along 670 just past 4th right on the undeveloped side of The Jeffrey project. I wonder if that would fall on ODOT as well, thanks for the info.

Likes Old Houses
    Participant

Every spring I submit a request for pot holes in my alley, and they always get fixed quickly. Same for broken trash cans. I did get put on a long wait list to get my curb tree trimmed. I put in a second request with pictures showing the branches laying on my car, and asked if I could just trim them myself. The limbs were taken care of in a few days.

welkstar
    Participant

A sidewalk along my building was replaced last summer and the bike parking was removed and never replaced. I submitted a request to 311 in October, and while it took several months to be resolved, the bike racks reappeared about a month ago.

I’ve submitted other requests about faulty tire pumps at the bike stations around town in July 2015. They were “acknowledged” a day later, but then nothing. I just checked the status and a work order was created on 2/8/16.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

I just send an email to [email protected]. I reported a dumped mattress yesterday and they told me it would be picked up in A MONTH. Gross.

evantyler
    Participant

I use the 311 web site every other week to report that my recycling bin wasn’t emptied at the curb. They send someone back out to my house two days later to empty the bin. Hate that it has to be that way, but at least the web site works.

(No, I don’t know why my recycling is always missed; I’ve escalated it to a manager and he’s said that everything I’ve done is correct–timing, placement of bin, etc.)

I’ve had an account at the 311 website for Columbus for a while (opened when I downloaded app). Today I tried to report a large open dumping of trash at N. 3rd Street and I-670. However, my message was returned as “undeliverable”. Has anyone actually gotten this site to work?

For further background, I actually stopped into City Hall this morning on the way to work to ask where to report an open dump, and they told me to call 311, which I did, and the message on 311 didn’t have exactly what I wanted and said I could go to the website, so I did. I feel like I’ve been running around in circles.

Did you provide John Raphael the requisite success fee?

scarletandgrey
    Participant

This is timely. I just wrote to the Dispatch to do a story on the 311 website. I’ve written a complaint there several times and NEVER heard a thing back.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: