Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Do you want to drink bloody marys before 1pm on Sundays?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Do you want to drink bloody marys before 1pm on Sundays?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Hael

My answer to the question posed in the title of this thread is a resounding YES.

aside: I discovered my favorite bloody mary mix recently while trying the “cowbell” at Tip Top. Tabasco brand bloody mary mix rules over all others.

I hope the legislation passes.

Daz
    Participant

JimL2 wrote >>
    A Post in Which I Take the Piss out of Bear (by jiml2)
    Bear is right–I want to drink beer in the car on the way to my elementary school teaching job (don’t worry I won’t drink beer on the job–after 7:15am it is Old Crow Whiskey time!).

Did you know that some people use this argument legitimately?

These are the same people that say “If pot was legal, people would just come into work high all of the time.”

Those people have zero logical thought. If you come into work high or drunk, no matter how legal it is to do it outside of work, you’re going to get your ass fired.

Bear
    Participant

JimL2 wrote >>
    A Post in Which I Take the Piss out of Bear (by jiml2)
    Bear is right–I want to drink beer in the car on the way to my elementary school teaching job (don’t worry I won’t drink beer on the job–after 7:15am it is Old Crow Whiskey time!).

Jim, I expected better — at least driving a turbocharged backhoe to your job doing open-heart surgery on the underprivileged. But point taken.

Didn’t occur to me that anyone would take that as a suggestion that we repeal drunk-driving laws… but obviously not the intent. Open-container laws, on the other hand… and those that result in retailers and bartenders saying “You can’t buy that in the state of Ohio”… boo, I say.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

I know what you meant. I just saw a counterexample hole and dove through it (tucking into a ball, rolling as I landed, and when I came up on one knee I had lit sparklers in each hand and a rose held in my teeth).

hungrywoolf
    Participant

von wrote >>
    hungrywolf – Sherrod Brown is your FEDERAL, US Senator. this is a state govt issue.

Thanks. I was confused- still not used to all the state gov stuff- read it again – and found the right person.
    http://www.senate.state.oh.us/senators/bios/sd_15.html

drew
    Participant

No brainer – note in support was sent!

Hael

von wrote >>
    hungrywolf – Sherrod Brown is your FERAL, US Senator. this is a state govt issue.

at first glance I read FEDERAL as FERAL.

BLUE LAWS SUCK! Enough said…

dirtgirl
    Participant

Better act fast- Senate amendments are due tomorrow. I wouldn’t be surprised if they offer an amendment to remove the House provision unless they hear from constituents. I would call now rather than write and tell the aide who answers how you feel.Talk about how it would affect your business.

catnfiddle
    Participant

Will there be hearings on this subject or is it simply coming to a vote?

Elaine

I can rememeber when there was Nothing open on Sunday’s, shopping on Sunday was unheard of, now it is hard to imagine business being closed it would seem spooky, not to long ago people could smoke inside now that seems like it was forever ago, things change and this should be one of them and when it does it will be hard to remember that you had to wait until 1pm to drink! So yes on the 11am Bloody Mary’s were made for early morning sippen!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I want to drink bloody marys All. The. Time.
    I want them with sriracha and so much horseradish they cause nosebleeds.
    I want olives and celery floating in them.
    And I want them as soon as my eyes open on Sunday.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

There is still time to call Senator Hughes today and voice your support for the provision in HB1 that will provide parity to restaurants and bars that would like to sell liquor on Sundays before 1pm. Again, it is perfectly legal for sports stadiums, hotels and airports, why not your favorite brunch spot or watering hole?

Senator Miller:

Telephone: 614/466-5131
    Email: [email protected]

Senator Hughes:

Telephone: 614/466-5981
    Email: [email protected]

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: