Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Who are the people who influence you?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Who are the people who influence you?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Will B

Hey all,

I’ve been in Columbus for about a month now and settling in nicely, but i still feel a little out of the loop. SO- I’m taking a poll about who the most influential people are in our community.

Who are the beacons you look to for what’s fun and what’s new and exciting? This could be bloggers, event organizers, TV personalities, politicians, artists, writers, pastors, DJs, chefs, you name it.

Nominate the people who influence you!

-Will

cyclist II
    Participant

Mikey Soboro

10sun

Cyclist II

bman
    Participant

Snarf

DavidF
    Participant

Sorry, the snark is strong with them today (See any of the dog/apartment threads for why)

Two easy ones.

1. Walker Evans
    2. Liz Lessner

bman
    Participant

DavidF said:
    Sorry, the snark is strong with them today (See any of the dog/apartment threads for why)

Two easy ones.

1. Walker Evans
    2. Liz Lessner

I was being sarcastic …

cyclist II
    Participant

DavidF said:

Two easy ones.

1. Walker Evans
    2. Liz Lessner

What is this? 2006?

I like Walker.

Twixlen
    Participant

Between CU’s content and my twitter feed, I feel pretty damn connected. The fun part about the twitter feed is it can be packed with a huge variety of people & businesses and can be personally tailored to your own tastes.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

bman said:
    I was being sarcastic …

No you weren’t, but now I am..and I’ve already won.

bman
    Participant

Snarf said:
    No you weren’t.

LOL … Set myself up for that one! (bman to make mental note to more carefully think thru his slams of Snark errr Snarf.

BCNation
    Participant

Will B said:
    Hey all,

I’ve been in Columbus for about a month now and settling in nicely, but i still feel a little out of the loop. SO- I’m taking a poll about who the most influential people are in our community.
    Who are the beacons you look to for what’s fun and what’s new and exciting? This could be bloggers, event organizers, TV personalities, politicians, artists, writers, pastors, DJs, chefs, you name it.

Nominate the people who influence you!

-Will

Bloggers: Myself and that I Love Columbus girl
    Event Organizers: Columbus Underground
    Artists: I’m not doing this, because I can’t give a biased opinion, I’d rather be, as Fox News always says, “Fair and Balanced”
    DJ: The DJBC
    Shining Beacons for Tomorrow: Walker Evans, Marvin the Robot’s brother, the Mayors of Franklinton, Olde Towne East, and the Short North

I feel like I’m getting carried away with this…shouldn’t be drinking caffeine this late at night. ;)

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Here’s my list…in no particular order…and I’m sure I’ll forget some :(
    Walker and Anne Evans
    Columbus Underground and Metropreneur
    Liz Lessner and her partners at BFR
    Erin Moore and the Columbus Music Co-op
    Alexandra Kelley
    All the amazing artists of Junctionview Studios
    Adam Brouillette and the folks working to make Wonderland a reality
    The folks at Franklinton Development Association, Franklinton Arts District and Franklinton Gardens
    Slow Foods Columbus folks
    Bethia Woolf, Andy Dehus, Bear Braumoeller, Jim Ellison, Rachel Tayse Baillieul Jill Moorhead, Andrew Hall, John Schumacher, Mike Beaumont, Kate Djupe, Lori Crabtree, Viv Loh (all beacons of general awesomeness)
    Shelley Mann and Crave Magazine
    The folks at Columbus Alive
    Wolf Starr and the SBB
    Joel Treadway and Cringe
    Donewaiting.com
    Jacob Wooten and Marcy Mays
    Mary Martineau from the North Market
    Bobby Miller at PBR
    Daniel Fox at Skreened cuz he’s rad
    The folks at Wholly Craft, Rivet, Columbus Crafty Cotillion, ThoughtCo, Make Believe Monsters, and What the Rock
    Latitude 41, G Michaels, DeepWood, Alana’s, Skillet, Rigsbys…
    Lisa Ragland and her I Love Columbus blog
    Awesome spirits makers at Brothers Drake, Middle West Spirits, and Watershed Distillery
    I’m sure I’ll think of more.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: