Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

DK Diner

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

I’m sure there is a CU thread on this place somewhere but I can’t find it (someone link it).

I did find this nice write up by Nick http://breakfastwithnick.blogspot.com/2008/02/dk-diner-columbus-oh.html

anyway.. I went here around noon on Sunday and have to say this plate

IMG_4561.jpg

the DK all the way… was one of the best things I have eaten in the past year. Came out piping hot in under 5 mins, and filled my stomach for the entire day. If you are looking for a fantastically filling breakfast meal.. get yourself a DK all the way.. and get yourself done.

JonMyers
    Participant

Aggressive.

drew
    Participant

I’m sure it tastes better than it looks?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

That looks AWESOME to me, but I’m a big fan of sloppy breakfasts covered in sausage gravy.

BTW, is it just me, or did this guy on the blog look like a 12 year old version of CDS Sherman?!?

drew
    Participant

Little Sherm wrote

Where’s the chicken?!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Drew wrote I’m sure it tastes better than it looks?

I guess if you don’t like the look of gravy than you could say that. But it’s diner food, you’re not going to get a garnish. :D

trust me… 6 bucks of yumm….

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I love plates of breakfast shit covered in gravy. I’d give it a preliminary thumbs up from me. I might hafta try making it to this place this weekend.

drew
    Participant

vestanpance wrote

Drew wrote I’m sure it tastes better than it looks?

I guess if you don’t like the look of gravy than you could say that. But it’s diner food, you’re not going to get a garnish. :D

trust me… 6 bucks of yumm….

Oh, I’m sure it’s delicious… and I’m not opposed at all to a big plate o gravy smothered goodness.

Just… didn’t strike me as the picture of ‘yum’ this morning.

misskitty
    Participant

so it’s a fancy Barn Yard Buster :lol: ?

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

misskitty wrote so it’s a fancy Barn Yard Buster :lol: ?

I don’t think I’d put the word fancy in anything to do with this place.

side note: I did use a 80s chipped microcenter mug for my coffee (self serve is the way of the land). The ones they gave out for free all the time when microcenter was in the whole foods spot on lane… ahhh brought me back.

Cyclist

Coremodels wrote That looks AWESOME to me, but I’m a big fan of sloppy breakfasts covered in sausage gravy.

BTW, is it just me, or did this guy on the blog look like a 12 year old version of CDS Sherman?!?

Word. It does. About 3 weeks ago I saw an East Asian version of Sherman.

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

vestanpance wrote I’m sure there is a CU thread on this place somewhere but I can’t find it (someone link it).

I did find this nice write up by Nick http://breakfastwithnick.blogspot.com/2008/02/dk-diner-columbus-oh.html

anyway.. I went here around noon on Sunday and have to say this plate

the DK all the way… was one of the best things I have eaten in the past year. Came out piping hot in under 5 mins, and filled my stomach for the entire day. If you are looking for a fantastically filling breakfast meal.. get yourself a DK all the way.. and get yourself done.

Ok, so I got the potatoes and the gallon of gravy, but what else is on that plate?

enzo
    Participant

misskitty wrote so it’s a fancy Barn Yard Buster :lol: ?

I watched people eat a Barn Yard Buster and this looks very similar. I am completely disgusted by gravy but will keep this in mind when my brother comes to visit.

brothermarcus
    Participant

L.I. to Buckeye wrote Ok, so I got the potatoes and the gallon of gravy, but what else is on that plate?

It’s in the blog about the breakfast that was linked:

This magnificent conglomeration consists of 2 eggs cooked to order, Canadian Bacon, potatoes, and 2 biscuits, all smothered (I don’t use that word jokingly) in sausage gravy.

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

brothermarcus wrote

L.I. to Buckeye wrote Ok, so I got the potatoes and the gallon of gravy, but what else is on that plate?

It’s in the blog about the breakfast that was linked:

This magnificent conglomeration consists of 2 eggs cooked to order, Canadian Bacon, potatoes, and 2 biscuits, all smothered (I don’t use that word jokingly) in sausage gravy.

Thanks. I think I was so stunned by the photo that I ignored the link.

Completely not what I expected. I was imagining some form of fried meat down there–like country fried steak or something. Canadian bacon just seems too healthy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!