Messageboard - Music

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

DJ Psycho of Detroit Techno Militia Talks Music Before his show here Saturday

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Music DJ Psycho of Detroit Techno Militia Talks Music Before his show here Saturday

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Dezi Magby, aka DJ Psycho, is a prolific DJ and producer from Flint, MI. He has been honing his craft ever since he was 11 years old and picked up the turntable as his instrument of choice and started wielding records like sonic weapons. He is affiliated with the all-important Detroit Techno Militia, which has helped carry the banner of Techno music for that city and for all of North America for some time. He is a part of a new collective of artists called Convergent, which focus on sound production and DJing that pushes the boundaries of arbitrary music rules. They also just found out that their releases will be distributed by Underground Resistance/Submerge. Even with this techno pedigree, he is not one that can be so easily put in a box labeled “techno” and placed to gather dust in this genre classification in your brain. He spins EVERYTHING. I do not exaggerate here. In my short time immersing myself in this form of music, he finds connections in beat and sound that I have heard few people even consider. Check out the rest of article and the interview at the jump below in advance of his performance at Victory’s this saturday (May 11)

A Closer Look: DJ Psycho

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The forum ‘Music’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: