Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dispatch's Random Thoughts on Fat People Parking

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dispatch’s Random Thoughts on Fat People Parking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
  • Author

misskitty
    Participant

Still There

JimL2 wrote >>

lizless wrote >>
    JimL2 broke Topix!

Yeah it might actually have been me… sorry everybody :(

Dam it was only up to twenty comments a few moments ago. It could have got more interesting when it actually needed to be for once.

Also I think she should have to do what large people on airplanes do Pay twice if you don’t fit.

Still There

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

Everyone should just drive hatchbacks and exit through the hatchback. That’s what I do. It’s awesome I pretend I’m a baby coming through the birth canal, onlookers think it’s hilarious (probably).

Rockmastermike
    Participant

misskitty wrote >>
    Still There

there’s some comedy gold in there.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

JimL2 wrote >>
    Everyone should just drive hatchbacks and exit through the hatchback. That’s what I do. It’s awesome I pretend I’m a baby coming through the birth canal, onlookers think it’s hilarious (probably).

My car doors on my lil hatchback freeze up pretty regularly in icy weather and I have to do this fairly often. It’s not that awesome though.

misskitty
    Participant

Rockmastermike wrote >>

misskitty wrote >>
    Still There

there’s some comedy gold in there.

Usually I would not make cracks in light of someone’s disposition. But if their putting themselves on the chopping block I can be bad for a day and read all the stuff that will become that thread.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I back into parking spaces because I don’t want to back my blind ass out, especially when some nice person has parked their Mobile Blind Spot next to me and I can’t see if anyone is coming.

Parking the way she describes is inviting vandalism to your vehicle.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Comments are gone again. Jim keeps breaking it.

Jim Lauwers
    Participant

lizless wrote >>
    It’s not that awesome though.

It would be if you installed one of these back there.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Rockmastermike wrote >>

hugh59 wrote >>
    A long time ago, I saw some fool had parked a full sized car in an area of a parking garage that had been reserved for compact cars. Apparently, the people who came in later did not like that. The cars on either side of the behemoth were just inches from its doors (one of those cars had even backed in so its driver could get out using the driver’s side door).

I used to do that all the time at OSU when I had a beater chevette (remember that thing?). There was almost always some douche in a “nice” car deliberately taking the middle of 2 spaces. Lucky I only needed half a space. I always found parking. :)

Ah yes, the Chevette. I remember that car Mike. Darn. Where has the time gone.

The Chevette had its evil twin: the Pontiac T-1000 (no resemblance to the Terminator with the same model name). But how about the Ford Festiva? Talk about small. And it only had a three cylinder engine.

Bear
    Participant

The thing I can’t get over is this:

She’s so convinced that the guy who left the note is the bigger asshole that she actually wrote a newspaper column about the incident and put her name on it.

Schoolboy
    Participant

wow. i pity everyone she knows that has to put up with her me first attitude.

ohiogirlie74

Utter insanity. Whoever printed this must hate her. Her not-my-fault attitude is as others have mentioned, the worst aspect of her behavior… I can’t believe they included her real work e-mail AND a photo, clearly comments were closed (though still visible) because she’s likely very upset by this. I can’t imagine what her inbox looks like right now. Hopefully she will learn that playing well with others is not optional. She could have handled this so much more gracefully by telling almost the exact same story, but ending it with, “ok, you got me, I hear you. I vow to park more carefully from now on.”

In other news, I look forward to much more interesting “topix” threads now that JimL2 has discovered them. I used to avoid Dispatch Comments like they were sweaty grey bologna.

jimbach
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>
    True, I just thought it sounded horribly complacent.
    I’m fat because other people are fat.

Scientific thinking FAIL.

The correct summary is, “I’m fat for the same reason(s) most other Americans are fat.”

cc

there will probably be a lot more notes today…

Lakee911
    Participant

cc wrote >>
    there will probably be a lot more notes today…

I was gonna do this to a buddy’s cube at work … I got so far as getting the PC monitor done and thought boy this will be a lot of work! lol I gave up after that.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE