Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dispatch's Random Thoughts on Fat People Parking

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dispatch’s Random Thoughts on Fat People Parking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)
  • Author

Senator Tankerbell
    Participant

The Dispatch really has no reason to be ashamed of what it prints. I mean, after all, this really is hard-hitting, insightful commentary:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/life/stories/2011/04/25/irate-note-on-parking-crossed-line.html

http://www.topix.net/forum/source/columbus-dispatch/TDUAQ77LJMAQ1JIQ3

cc

This person works for the Dispatch, but they left the option for comments on. It is like feeding her to the wolves. I am guessing her boss left that note…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

What the fuck is a Chevy Ranger?

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

It reads like an Onion commentary.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Like many other Americans, I am a large person.

So that makes it normal and okay.

rus
    rus
    Participant

Snarf wrote >>
    What the fuck is a Chevy Ranger?

“Oh Jess, I yam Chevy Ranger… and joo look ter-uh-bool in those jhoos!”

/got nuthin

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

A long time ago, I saw some fool had parked a full sized car in an area of a parking garage that had been reserved for compact cars. Apparently, the people who came in later did not like that. The cars on either side of the behemoth were just inches from its doors (one of those cars had even backed in so its driver could get out using the driver’s side door). There was no way that the big car’s driver could get into the car until the other drivers left. That was an elegant way to deal with an improperly parked car.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

A long time ago, I saw some fool had parked a full sized car in an area of a parking garage that had been reserved for compact cars. Apparently, the people who came in later did not like that. The cars on either side of the behemoth were just inches from its doors (one of those cars had even backed in so its driver could get out using the driver’s side door). There was no way that the big car’s driver could get into the car until the other drivers left. That was an elegant way to deal with an improperly parked car.

Cookie

Snarf wrote >>

Like many other Americans, I am a large person.

So that makes it normal and okay.

It does make it normal, and I don’t understand being not OK with what a stranger weighs.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

True, I just thought it sounded horribly complacent.

I’m fat because other people are fat.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

I don’t really think this has much to do with the writer’s size. In fact, it’s about the size of her giant truck that she’s unable to park.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Someone should have edited the commentary so that it did not include her contention that she requires a large car to accommodate her size. The point is an erroneous one, and it distracts the reader from the point she was trying to make: strangers can be rude.

But she sort of made this particular stranger’s case in conceding that she often encroaches upon the lines, which is precisely what the note alleged.

What’s peculiar is that she’s potentially complaining about a colleague at the Dispatch who was complaining about a colleague at the Dispatch. Should this not have been settled internally rather than via Dispatch.com?

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Maybe the Dispatch colleague is the editor? ; )

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Marrison does seem like the kind of guy who would leave anonymous notes…

Rockmastermike
    Participant

The Dispatch is sure bringin’ home the LULZ today!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 57 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE