Our City Online

Messageboard - Politics

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dispatch Endorses Mitt Romney for President

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Politics Dispatch Endorses Mitt Romney for President

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Ohio: Columbus Dispatch newspaper endorses Mitt Romney for President

OCTOBER 21, 2012BY: SAHIT MUJA

The Columbus Dispatch daily newspaper based in Columbus, Ohio has endorses Mitt Romney For President on Editorial, October 21, 2012.

Mitt Romney and President Obama rank Ohio as the most important swing state in the 2012 election. The Columbus Dispatch daily newspaper based in Columbus, Ohio endorsement is very good news For Mitt Romney.

The Columbus Dispatch daily newspaper editorial board wrote ” After nearly four years of economic stagnation, massive unemployment, record-setting debt and government intrusions into the economy that have paralyzed the private sector, the United States needs a new direction. For this reason, The Dispatch urges voters to choose Republican Mitt Romney for president in the Nov. 6 election”.

READ MORE: http://www.examiner.com/article/ohio-columbus-dispatch-newspaper-endorses-mitt-romney-for-president

DavidF
    Participant

I’m shocked, shocked I tell ya!

The dispatch would endorse a guinea pig if it was the Republican candidate. (See re: Bush Jr.)

News
    Participant

Ohio newspapers endorse: Cleveland, Akron endorse Obama, Columbus backs Romney
    OCTOBER 21, 2012BY: JOHN MICHAEL SPINELLI

In the battle for Ohio, newspapers of record in the state’s most populous county, a northeast industrial comeback city and the Buckeye State’s largest city by population and capital offered their endorsements Sunday for president just 16 days before Election Day.

Newspaper endorsements: help or hurt?

READ MORE: http://www.examiner.com/article/ohio-newspapers-endorse-cleveland-akron-endorse-obama-columbus-backs-romney

tudor1610

BREAKING NEWS! THE DISPATCH ENDORSES THE RUPUB! Hahahaahahaha…

geoyui
    Participant

ehill27
    Participant

No surprise here. The D hasn’t endorsed a Democrat for president since the re-election of Woodrow Wilson in 1916.

Only one more election to complete the 100-year cycle!

Sara

So,The Columbus Dispatch supports the takeover of our Ohio legislature by ALEC. The Wolfe family wants Ohio and USA run by Corporations and not elected officials. I wonder if everyone understands what ALEC really wants to do to WE THE PEOPLE. Right Wing Repubs are snowblinded by ALEC. The book 1984 will be coming true after all. Alec will setup a plan to take over all governments worldwide by Corporations with all the money. They will control baby production for the best and starve or exterminate the rest. Lord, the last 50 years since ALEC started forming is our evil of today and tomorrow if we don’t stop them now! The 99% must vote progressive and expose the backers of ALEC, please?

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

*G* Republicans: Fighting for the freedom to get with the program.

M.O.
    Participant

The usual rubber stamp, but I will say this: their election coverage has been very well balanced.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Sara said:
    They will control baby production for the best and starve or exterminate the rest.

Is this going to happen in 2013 or 2014?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

The conversation of ALEC and its influence on Ohio Government could be an interesting one actually. I believe something like 40% of the State’s Representatives are members and I would even go so far as to call the group a little dangerous. Putting the Koch Brothers at a giant conference table as equal partners with legislators (who have been reimbursed by the group for their trips to the meetings) certainly makes me a little nervous.

Most of Sara’s post, however, is just crazy talk.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

ALEC is like Ice-nine.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Sara said:
    They will control baby production for the best and starve or exterminate the rest.

I’m actually totally ok with this.

Graybeak
    Participant

Another big news type headline.
    Sun rises in East. Expected to set in the West.

Also heard in conversation, Water is wet.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

News doesn’t have to be surprising to be news.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE