Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus tries to attract Stone Brewing Co.

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Columbus tries to attract Stone Brewing Co.

This topic contains 301 replies, has 68 voices, and was last updated by  News 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 302 total)
  • Author

joev
    Participant

How could it be overhyped? We were one of two finalist cities, and this was a tactic to show Stone they would be welcomed here. You don’t have to win every battle for something to have been a worthwhile effort.

DouginCMH
    Participant

Certainly not over-hyped. But Norfolk did nothing by comparison.

Richmond, on the other hand:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/business/san-diego-brewery-eyes-richmond-for-east-coast-production-site/article_24420960-1c01-11e4-88d2-0017a43b2370.html

I have a sinking feeling.

Not that Tom
    Not that Tom
    Participant

cold, Stone

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

The anticipation. I can’t take it.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Well, big day for Stone fans indeed. But not the announcement we were looking for:

“Stone fans were vocal. VERY vocal! And we took notice. Vocal #craftbeer fans rejoice for a TRIPLE IPA version of ALEMAN/TWO BROTHERS/STONE DAYMAN COFFEE IPA!!! Go forth and PRE-ORDER – http://www.stonebrewing.com/collabproject

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

False Alarm.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Announcement reads: “…within the next 60 days another momentous announcement will be made when Koch and Co-founder Steve Wagner unveil the location of another new brewery and Bistro, in the eastern U.S.!”

Pro Se
    Participant

What a let down…

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Thanks for the blue balls, Stone.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Major suck.

gregcols
    Participant

Maybe it is just a typo…we can only hope!!

DouginCMH
    Participant

Well, that was fun. But I’d much rather be mildly disappointed at getting all wound up about a big announcement that ends up being not so big, than the profound disappointment of hearing that another city is getting the project. I’m sure Stone uses social media for these kinds of new beer announcements all the time. We just haven’t been paying attention until now.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

didn’t see this one posted yet. Really well done.

DouginCMH
    Participant

I assumed that video was linked in some way to Cavalier, since it was obviously a very well – and quickly – produced product, with some pricey hardware, a production crew, etc. However, I see that the two people highlighted in the beginning work for the Ohio Auditor of State office. Someone spent some real cash on this effort. Very impressive.

By the way, here’s the latest out of Richmond (yeah, I’m obsessing, I know):

http://www.timesdispatch.com/business/richmond-city-council-introduces-legislation-aimed-at-stone-brewing-co/article_c0ddab6c-1cb5-11e4-90e2-001a4bcf6878.html

Nothing very earth shattering, info wise.

meltsintowonder
    Participant

I assumed that video was linked in some way to Cavalier, since it was obviously a very well – and quickly – produced product, with some pricey hardware, a production crew, etc. However, I see that the two people highlighted in the beginning work for the Ohio Auditor of State office. Someone spent some real cash on this effort. Very impressive.

By the way, here’s the latest out of Richmond (yeah, I’m obsessing, I know):

http://www.timesdispatch.com/business/richmond-city-council-introduces-legislation-aimed-at-stone-brewing-co/article_c0ddab6c-1cb5-11e4-90e2-001a4bcf6878.html

Nothing very earth shattering, info wise.

It’s the crew that created the whole #stone2cbus campaign in a very short amount of time. While they work for the state, I don’t know if there’s a 100% connection or at least a public one. Some organization footed the bill for the t-shirts I believe that you see people wearing at the accounts that poured Stone. They traveled around on a bus to drink at various bars and they took pictures and filmed quite a bit of footage.

Saturday was quite a day with copious amounts of Go To, Saison, IRS, and Ruinten. Sunday morning on the other hand…

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 302 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.