Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Columbus tries to attract Stone Brewing Co.

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Columbus tries to attract Stone Brewing Co.

This topic contains 301 replies, has 68 voices, and was last updated by  News 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 302 total)
  • Author

poiuytr
    Participant

I hadn’t seen this yet and thought it was interesting. Whether or not people like it remains to be seen since they haven’t listed a site and it is more of a proposal with nothing set in stone. It would be a rather large facility with a restaurant adjacent to it.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/business/2014/07/08/0708-columbus-tries-to-attract-stone-brewing.html

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I love Stone Brewing. Bring it on.

That would be a great way to kickstart Milo-Grogan at 5th and Cleveland.

MFRONE
    Participant

This is a complete surprise. I read an article a few weeks ago about their short list and while Cincinnati was on it, there was no mention of Columbus.

jbcmh81
    Participant

It’s good that the co-founders have Central Ohio ties. That works in our favor.

dru
    Participant

so this tweet was in the biz first article about this:

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

How cool! Though their products are excellent, sometimes I choose not to buy them, in favor of choosing local brews. Now *drums fingers* that may change.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

This would be huge for the columbus. Make it happen

drtom1234
    Participant

This seems like it would be perfect for East Franklinton.

wpcc88
    Participant

+1 infrastructure is already there.. too bad the former Ford dealer is where it is, the buidling has the perfect bones for what they seem to be looking for

CB_downtowner
    Participant

Wow, that’s awesome! They should put this next to Wolf Ridge’s new tap room and Elevator’s Tap Room. They can call this area the Brewery District!

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Yes, Stone in Franklinton would be huge as well.

bayrea
    Participant

We already have a great Budwiser brewery on the north side right next to the thriving Continent District.. over-saturation!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I assumed it would land on Hamilton Road like B Spot, or in Pickerington/Hilliard like Tom+Chee.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

What ever happened with Fat Head’s looking to open a brewpub in Columbus?

ntn
    ntn
    Participant

Holy Hell, this is incredibly huge! Let’s get a grassroots ‘Stone to CBus’ campaign going!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 302 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.