Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Discovery Commons - New Downtown Mixed-Use Apartment Building

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Discovery Commons – New Downtown Mixed-Use Apartment Building

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author

columbusmike
    Participant

Yikes…what’s the deal with the blocky masses at the ground floor? These should be storefront if there is indeed retail on the ground floor. I can’t imagine too many retail outfits would want space without good storefront. Hopefully Daniel can work that out with the developer.

surber17
    Participant

I really hope something gets built soon but even the eternal optimist in me says “don’t hold your breath”

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Great to see this getting new life, but I have to agree with columbusmike. I hope the retail is much more a part of the street than it currently looks to be. Awnings? Setbacks for outdoor seating?.

wpcc88
    Participant

surber17 said:
    I really hope something gets built soon but even the eternal optimist in me says “don’t hold your breath”

The way the ball has been rolling I wouldn’t be shocked if this is started by fall.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

jpizzow said:
    Setbacks for outdoor seating?

Personally, I’m hoping for some non-restaurant retail that doesn’t need any outdoor seating. ;)

Here’s a sitemap of the proposed ground floor layout:

https://www.columbusunderground.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/commons1.jpg

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Is this project proposed to stretch the whole length of Spring between Nelston and 6th? There is a parking lot at Spring and 6th that could be owned by someone else.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Scratch that, it looks like from google maps that the building stops at the parking lot just east of this site. You can see the billboard post on the left in the rendering.

Big Drew
    Participant

Man this is an ugly building….but its infill.

nfisher2
    Participant

Has anyone heard if this project is going to get started?

Thanks
    Nate

Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.