Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Discovery Commons - New Downtown Mixed-Use Apartment Building

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Discovery Commons – New Downtown Mixed-Use Apartment Building

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

rmandrew
    Participant

Thanks Walker! That would be an amazing space to invest in, but probably not within the current budget. I will probably look a little deeper into it and it may come into play.

Thanks.

RichLauro

rmandrew said:
    This is great news. I am currently scouting locations for my cafe/coffee house concept in Discovery District also. Any suggestions for commercial property will be gladly appreciated.

http://www.twitter.com/yardbirdcafe

Directly adjacent to our business and south of this project is a sizable chunk of real estate at 288 E. Long for lease. A block from Hill Market and by Neighborhood Launch.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=288+East+Long+Street,+Columbus,+OH&hl=en&ll=39.965971,-82.993448&spn=0.010032,0.013583&sll=39.966119,-82.993255&sspn=0.010032,0.013583&vpsrc=0&gl=us&hnear=288+E+Long+St,+Columbus,+Franklin,+Ohio+43215&t=m&z=16

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

RichLauro said:
    Directly adjacent to our business and south of this project is a sizable chunk of real estate at 288 E. Long for lease. A block from Hill Market and by Neighborhood Launch.

I’ve been inside that building. It was being explored as a site for a predecessor to Wonderland. Back when Junctionview was uncertain of their fate when NRI bought their building.

Really huge building with a lot of potential, but if I recall correctly, the owners wanted more money than this smaller development group could afford and make work.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

Has their been a rendering released yet for Discovery District Commons?

Glaze

PRAISE THE ALMIGHTY GROCER GODS. I’m gonna get fat now because I don’t have to walk 2 and a half miles anymore. Spreading the word to CCAD.

Among other abandoned properties, there’s a big warehouse at http://g.co/maps/s9tjs that the owner is practically giving away at this point. If you just turn that panorama around you can see the location for the planned grocery.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Glaze said:
    Among other abandoned properties, there’s a big warehouse at http://g.co/maps/s9tjs that the owner is practically giving away at this point. If you just turn that panorama around you can see the location for the planned grocery.

Yeah, I think there’s some great potential there:

Live/Work Opportunity Near CSCC/CCAD

Hopefully we’ll see some action there now that Hills & Grass Skirt are on the way. It eventually might start feeling like a campus in that area…

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

I say in the next next decade, maybe sooner, Downtown will once again be the most “attractive” and “exciting” places in Central Ohio.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

^^Already is in my opinion, althoug I know what you’re getting at.

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

Has there been any news on this? I was over there recently and I didn’t see any progress on demolition or anything. I may be mistaken, though.

Anyway please let me know if anyone has any updates.

Thanks.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Has anyone heard anything on this in awhile? Was the project stalled/delayed?

columbusmike
    Participant

Walker said:
    Has anyone heard anything on this in awhile? Was the project stalled/delayed?

As far as I know, the developer has stalled their plans on this project. Haven’t heard anything past that.

Pro Se
    Participant

Looks like this project is back on the Downtown Commission’s agenda. Let’s hope it goes forward this time around!

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Any renderings of this project floating around?

columbusmike
    Participant

Stephen43215 said:
    Any renderings of this project floating around?

Not public yet. Let’s hope the design is much better this go around…

News
    Participant

Five-Story Mixed-Use Building Proposed for Spring Street Downtown
    Published on April 13, 2013 7:30 am
    By: Brent Warren

Local developer Berardi and Partners has proposed a five-story mixed-use building for the corner of East Spring and Neilston Streets. The proposal, which was conditionally approved by the Downtown Commission at their April 2nd meeting, calls for a five-story building with ground-floor retail, a 60-space underground parking garage, and 100 apartment units.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/five-story-mixed-use-building-proposed-for-spring-street-downtown-bw1

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: