Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dirty Frank's Hog Dog Palace

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Dirty Frank's Hog Dog Palace

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 783 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Dirty Frank’s Hot Dog Palace to Open Second Location in Westgate
    Published on July 31, 2012 3:45 pm

By: Walker

The Columbus Food League announced today their seventh restaurant, which will take the form of a second Dirty Frank’s location at 2836 West Broad Street in the Westgate neighborhood.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/dirty-franks-hot-dog-palace-to-open-second-location-in-westgate

jillg
    Participant

This is awesome news!!!

Mister Shifter
    Participant

The world can always use more Dirty Franks.

Twixlen
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    The world can always use more Dirty Franks.

RIGHT? And slushies? And sammiches? COME ON.

Wait til you people see the bar in this joint. You mid-century-lovin’ hearts will explode.

buckette13

It is definitely good news and beggars can’t be choosers, but I secretly wanted something more like Surly Girl or Betty’s.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

buckette13 said:
    It is definitely good news and beggars can’t be choosers, but I secretly wanted something more like Surly Girl or Betty’s.

Surly Girl and Betty’s are on the same street. Maybe if we impress the CFL enough they’ll bring us something else too.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

Twixlen said:
    RIGHT? And slushies? And sammiches? COME ON.

Wait til you people see the bar in this joint. You mid-century-lovin’ hearts will explode.

Is this Jack’s old space?

I’m loving CFL coming out to our ‘hood.

Twixlen
    Participant

lifeontwowheels said:
    Is this Jack’s old space?

I’m loving CFL coming out to our ‘hood.

Yup, formerly Jacks, before that, the Western Cafe. I am always amazed when I go in, that the bar has remained so relatively unscathed.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

If Liz is taking suggestions, I’d love a dart board. Think there’s enough space in there too.

geoyui
    Participant

lifeontwowheels said:
    Think there’s enough space in there too.

Having “enough space” sounds awesome for dirty franks.

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

geoyui said:
    Having “enough space” sounds awesome for dirty franks.

I only ate at Jack’s once, unfortunately, but from what I remember it’ll be a pretty good space.

force5
    Participant

Any word on an opening date?

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

force5 said:
    Any word on an opening date?

I’m wondering this too, but patiently. I know Liz just spoke at the most recent WNA meeting a couple of weeks ago, but I could not attend and haven’t heard anything about what she said.

Twixlen
    Participant

I *think* pre-fall was mentioned. They’re at the stage where they haven’t started major construction, and once that happens, they’ll have a better idea. It’s a trick, as the attached building immediately to the west is causing issues with the amazingly bad shape it’s disintegrated to (it looks sort of OK from the front & side, but the roof is fully collapsed, etc) – once they get over that, they can move forward.

If anyone is familiar with what the space looks like, the bar will essentially remain the same, with the bathrooms & kitchen getting a full gut and reconfiguration. I seriously cannot wait!!

News
    Participant

Update from here:

Modernized Chintz Room Restaurant Reopening at Lazarus Building

Dirty Frank’s Westgate – Aiming to be open by January 1st.

Viewing 15 posts - 766 through 780 (of 783 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION