Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dirty Frank's Hog Dog Palace

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Dirty Frank's Hog Dog Palace

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 783 total)
  • Author

lifeontwowheels
    Participant

So when is the Dirty Frank’s mobile hot dog cart debuting?

Taz Devil
    Participant

I would rather go to DQ. Sorry. And I sure as Hell am not standing in line for a hot dog. Believe you me.

aaminian
    Participant

Update: just wanted to let everyone know that Liz reached out to me directly via email with an apology and a generous offer to make things right. Just another reminder of why she’s a shining example of what it means to be an awesome local business owner. Truly a class act.

I should also mention that I dropped the ball by not contacting Liz with my gripe before posting on here. Don’t make the same mistake.

And anybody who thinks that ANYTHING at DFs is overpriced needs to get out more often.

murfmurphy
    murfmurphy
    Participant

Taz Devil said:
    I would rather go to DQ. Sorry. And I sure as Hell am not standing in line for a hot dog. Believe you me.

What a shame. Guess that will be one less person in line in front of me when I stop in. It’s not the hot dog that people stand in line for, although the dogs themselves are very good. It’s the variety of toppings that you can get, and tater tots. I’d wait in line all day for fresh tater tots. DF’s is one of my favorite places to eat because it’s cheap, it’s fun and it’s good.

melikecheese
    Participant

Taz Devil said:

Call ahead, do take out. Why settle for a plain boring DQ dog when you can go get a hot dot with Kimchi on it!

Life is short, don’t settle for crap.

Taz Devil
    Participant

Well, then don’t go to Franks that is for sure. Lousy onion rings. They were totally soggy. Gross. They tasted like the frozen ones from Sam’s Club. I have had better tater tots from Ore-Ida. I understand about the toppings, but overpriced. I do like the Frostop Root Beer though and that is about it. Clausterphobia and the web site sucks.

dmiranjr
    Participant

Wow. Tell us how you really feel.

My friends and I all think that the tator tots are awesome. That goes for the onion rings as well.

I will admit that the line is really long and that often when I think I’m going to get a hot dog I end up at the Little Palace.

All in all though, I love Dirty Franks.

ohiogirlie74

Taz Devil said:
    Well, then don’t go to Franks that is for sure. Lousy onion rings. They were totally soggy. Gross. They tasted like the frozen ones from Sam’s Club. I have had better tater tots from Ore-Ida. I understand about the toppings, but overpriced. I do like the Frostop Root Beer though and that is about it. Clausterphobia and the web site sucks.

Yeah. Good point. DQ has an awesomely rad website, and they probably don’t use frozen onion rings. If you like the Frostop, then, call it DF’s Frostop Palace and quit yer bitchin’!! You just going there for root-beers is probably totally fine by all of everyone! Good luck finding a restaurant that’s going to please all the people all of the time, for as cheap as some of you haters seem to expect. I, for one, love that DF’s exists, and go there often, even though it’s always a little better in my memory than it is in reality when I’m eating it — and I still think it’s darn awesome. Good luck getting cream cheese and olives on a dog at the DQ.

catmaster

When someone says that they would rather eat fast food instead of something with a measure of quality, especially if they cite time as a factor, you can safely marginalize them into the realm of standard deviation. Additional details provided by that reviewer will be inflated at best, but more likely outright hyperbole. Expect irrelevant statements to be added in an attempt to bolster their position by painting the restaurant in a more negative light.

Cookie

I am in favor of people volunteering to make the lines shorter at Dirty Frank’s. Thanks, man.

bldng4jstc
    Participant

Taz Devil said:
    … the web site sucks.

DF’s website give all the information you need right away. Wonder how late the kitchen is open? Boom right there and easily rendered on the smart phone. You’d be surprised how many flashy restaurant websites fail to list their hours(Ahem.. DQ on 5th[/url]) or menu.

lifeliberty
    Participant

tips for eating at DFs. never expect to walk in there and get a seat. either call a head your takeout order or go during non peak times, between lunch and dinner weekdays. I love the takeout, especially when leaving DT and heading home.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Now with Bike Racks!

futureman
    Participant

Now if they could get a patio installed by spring!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Best Cheap Eats of 2011: Dirty Frank’s Hot Dog Palace

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/best-cheap-eats-of-2011-dirty-franks-hot-dog-palace

Viewing 15 posts - 751 through 765 (of 783 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION