Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Dirty Frank's Hog Dog Palace

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Dirty Frank's Hog Dog Palace

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 783 total)
  • Author

chaptal
    Participant

KSquared wrote >>
    Oops, Rhine not Rhone. Wine on the brain I guess :)
    Has anyone tried the veggie dog? I’m trying to eat fewer servings of meat.

My wife has had them on many occasions, she loves them. Dirty Franks is awesome because a meat eating and vegetarian couple can have basically the same thing

The Wayfarer
    Participant

Df doing brunch yet?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Well, they’re open at 11am… so if you’re wanting hot dogs for brunch, I guess you could call it that, right? ;)

The Wayfarer
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    Well, they’re open at 11am… so if you’re wanting hot dogs for brunch, I guess you could call it that, right? ;)

No.

Silverman515

There is a breakfast dog that i have created but you will have to find me to try it……………….?

jennyw
    Participant

chaptal wrote >>

KSquared wrote >>
    Oops, Rhine not Rhone. Wine on the brain I guess :)
    Has anyone tried the veggie dog? I’m trying to eat fewer servings of meat.

My wife has had them on many occasions, she loves them. Dirty Franks is awesome because a meat eating and vegetarian couple can have basically the same thing

I’m a fan of the veggie dog. And yep, my husband eats meat, so DF is a good place for us to enjoy a meal together.

placebohigh
    Participant

You have got to try the funnel cakes. Friggin amazing.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I tried out the “Alex Style” Tots the other night. Good stuff. A fork is mandatory though. ;)

Silverman515

So I am curious what is the most hot dogs you (CU bloggers) have eaten in one sitting at dirty franks.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Silverman515 wrote >>
    So I am curious what is the most hot dogs you (CU bloggers) have eaten in one sitting at dirty franks.

Two.
    And then I wanted to curl up under the table and die. :)

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    I tried out the “Alex Style” Tots the other night. Good stuff. A fork is mandatory though. ;)

I tried those for some ridiculous reason a couple weeks ago. I have no idea what I was thinking. Cheezwhiz stuff makes me want to puke on myself. Dumb. :) I might try it again sometime with the shredded cheese on em though…and maybe some onions. Methinks I’d like that.

patient_zero
    Participant

Silverman515 wrote >>

On opening day I ate 4 dogs (Zippity Zam, Seoul Dog, The Nicola, True Love Always), fried leeks and 3 different beers. Oink! Oink!

I enjoyed the funnel cake I ate last week, as well as enjoying a beer with you Alex. The guy at the bar we were talking with grew up in Chicago, and really liked the influences in food and artwork. He mentioned something about sending guy Fieri on a DF trip. I can only imagine the one liners he’s spew.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Finally tried the Siracha Slaw dog yesterday (yes, I’m a slow learner) and it was FABULOUS! Also, I’ve ordered this dog twice to-go and if you ask for the slaw on the side it travels super well. Even after getting drenched in the rain, a drive to Fton, and dodging popo barricades to get to the house wiener was still warm and the bun wasn’t soggy because the slaw was in a little container. Yay!

Oh, and the funnel cake we had last week – Mon I think? – was super super good. Last night, not so much. It was kinda hard. I don’t know, guess there is probably an art to making those.

Coreroc

Silverman515 wrote >>

I have done 4 in one sitting at the restaraunt that consisted of:
    1 dirty girl(personally named) = whoa nellie+classy lady on top+beef brat sub
    1 jumbo chicago
    1 regular chili
    1 Hot bollywood for desert
    1 order of onion rings
    + a hot rod
    freekin tasty!

We at Junctionview have actually developed a policy with the desert dog. We refuse to pass judgement on anyone who has sat at the restaraunt and still feels like ordering a togo dog. We feel that is a perfectly fine practice and does not lean toward glutany.

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 783 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: